anyone know

Remove this Banner Ad

walshy1993

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2000
Melbourne, (ESSENDON)
looks at this stage, although 7 games are still to be played that we might finish this round on top

what round did we go ontop in 99? was it around 12???
if im correct that would mean after this week 33 weeks ontop straight. im guessing thats a record

oh and if anyone sees this in time mark mercuri is going to be on triple m sometime today before the haw v coll game

I would guess round 17, because I think the Kangaroos were on top when we beat them, thus giving it to us. Two weeks earlier we lost to Port Adelaide.

St. Kilda was in round 8, I think. I thought that Essendon was #3 for a couple weeks, then they moved up to #2 after beating the Bulldogs (then #2) by four points. Then they demolished Fremantle. West Coast was #1 on the ladder at that point and I can't remember if they lost that weekend (round 14) and Essendon moved to #1 or if they lost the next week (round 15, when Essendon got clobbered at Port Adelaide).

So I think Essendon dropped back to #2 after round 15, then they destroyed Carlton and North in consecutive weeks and went back to #1, but I don't know exactly which point that happened.

I think we obtained top spot after round 16 1999 (I think). This would make it 30 consecutive weeks if we can finish on top after round 1 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back