Anyone play any of the Championship Mannager Series?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oooh, sore point!

I played CM3 extensively over last summer, taking over Leicester City in 1999 while they were in Div 1, after a successful career at Hayes and Barnsley.

I finished second after leading most of the way in the 2002 season, and got myself a Champions League possie, despite only having a top wage of $16,000 per week. Excellent victories over Juventus and Galatasaray had me in the semi-finals against Valencia. A 1-1 draw (late strike from Harry Kewell, a cheap signing at 1 million pounds) away in the first leg, and Filbert Street is set to be rocking in the second leg.

So I boot her up one night to march on to Champions League glory. Where's the file? WHERE'S THE FILE? WHERE'S MY F**KING CM3 FILE?. Wife: "Was that the 200mg file on the D drive?" Me: "YES?! What have you done with it?" Wife: "Well, it was taking up too much space, so I deleted it."

Needless to say, I have not played CM3 again, and I'm looking to forgive my beloved some time in 2012.

ARGH!

I have CM 99/00 and i love it. I be Manchester United - first two season i wont he league title and champions league title. After that i started finishing aroun 4th-6th in the premier league. After nearly totally changing the club for the better - getting rid of some old dead weight - the admin sacked me from the role of Man United. I then went on to Barnet for mild success....thats all ive done

Originally posted by Chris_23
Yep, i have CM 00/01. It's a fantastic game, so in-depth. I go through stages where i'm addicted to it, i haven't played it for a while now but i might go and start another season soon...
Where did u buy 00/01

I've got CM 99/00, but i downloaded an update so it had last season's squads and leagues. With all the moves happening I downloaded an editor the other day and i'm in the middle of updating it to this seasons, but i've never done this before myself so i hope i don't stuff the whole game up!
I generally go Man Utd or another premier team, haven't really tried taking a lower team to the top flight yet.

I love manager games

Ive got Ultimate Soccer Manager (its ok) and FIFA Soccer Manager (out of date and too basic)

So when will CM 2001/02 come out???

Originally posted by kretchy

Where did u buy 00/01

Well it's out everywhere i think....

I bought it on Boxing Day (Christmas money ;)) last year at Northland shopping centre.

QT, not sure when 01/02 is coming out. I'm pretty sure that they're released towards the end of the year in Australia. Look out for it in November/December. ;)

Originally posted by Chris_23

I bought it on Boxing Day (Christmas money ;)) last year at Northland shopping centre.

Which shop, that computer one near the foodcourt (EB or something??) I remember going there to buy it when it had come out overseas in October/November and they didn't have a clue about the game! Doh! Guess i can wait for 01/02 to come out now anyway.

I must say I am addicted to the series and have been the proud owner of CM3, CM99/00, and CM00/01.

The game is just so awesome, and it gives you so much control, with the realism beyond words. Every version is about 10 times better then the next, and my one even has the Aussie league!

My current game is with Inter, and in my first season I am heading towards both domestic and European glory!:D

DCFC, I could never forgive...isn't that grounds for divorce? ;)

The Hitman

BTW, I got my version as a free copy, and I don't even need the disk to run it...wonderful :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back