Anyone play Daylesford District Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree cricket nut tom is pretty good. I was pointing out to flying duck that robbo isn't the only one that could play a grade. I reckon, robbo woodward, geddes, allen ( newlyn), o'brien boy, l adams, could too. Gee if they could get those boys to a country week team i'd reckon they would give it a good shake....

wayne robinson the only bloke who would play a grade....haha makes sence. chris adams spent most of last year playing a grade for east ballarat. and his brother luke could too. steve cowan would also be a walk up start.

also james winnard spent a bit of time playing a grade at east. so clearly robbo is not the only one who could play a grade elswhere.

Steve Cowan is too old and would definitely not play A grade elsewhere anymore maybe 5-10 years ago and Luke Adams would not ever try and play at a higher level.

Is Chris back playing in the Daylesford league? SO he has a bit of a go and then comes back? Thats not what you call an A grade cricketer is it?

The League has become very weak and it would be in the best interests that any young player who considers himself able to play to go and play in the Castlemaine or Ballarat leagues who play on turf and play Division One in Country Week.

So guys like Wayne Robinson, Tom Geddes, Chris Adams and James Winnard should never be playing in DDCA it is for guys who like to play for fun or guys who are in their mids 30 or older that still love playing. Playing cricket on Hard Wickets is totally different and is not considered proper cricket in my opinion.

Any scores today guys

Trentham had a win against Smeaton, they have a couple of youngsters in Hewitt and Fargo who will become solid cricketers in years to come.

Hepburn pumped Colts who must have had an off day.

Not sure about K'Boora and Newlyn as it wasnt in the Courier, but u would assume K'Boora got up.

U seem to know a lot about Darren Harrison dazza vic...any reason why??:cool:

Steve Cowan is too old and would definitely not play A grade elsewhere anymore maybe 5-10 years ago and Luke Adams would not ever try and play at a higher level.

Is Chris back playing in the Daylesford league? SO he has a bit of a go and then comes back? Thats not what you call an A grade cricketer is it?

The League has become very weak and it would be in the best interests that any young player who considers himself able to play to go and play in the Castlemaine or Ballarat leagues who play on turf and play Division One in Country Week.

So guys like Wayne Robinson, Tom Geddes, Chris Adams and James Winnard should never be playing in DDCA it is for guys who like to play for fun or guys who are in their mids 30 or older that still love playing. Playing cricket on Hard Wickets is totally different and is not considered proper cricket in my opinion.

Agree to an extent Flying Duck. The league has certainly become a niche market for the social cricketer, but that doesnt neccessarily mean there isnt some good serious cricket being played.

Theres lots of passionate and enthusiastic youngsters getting about who should lift the standard in a few years (I looked at the Colts playing list and their oldest player is 24, so theres not just 30odds gettin about!).

If these youngsters choose to further their cricket I guess its up to the individual whether they venture into Castlemaine or Ballarat comps. Chris Adams, Tom Geddes, James Winnard etc are all good enough to play A grade elsewhere but they obviously have their reasons why they prefer to play cricket locally with their mates and their passion for the local comp. For example, Ive never seen a more passionate local cricketer in Tom who would bleed for his club and the comp.

Axel LOL nah wish I had some cricket skills to say it was me. LOL i used to play footy with allan salmon's cousin, and thats where im getting my info from.... Seems it was an interesting weekend last week. wonder if the get all the ddca guns to play in a match together against another local league to see how they play......

Axel LOL nah wish I had some cricket skills to say it was me. LOL i used to play footy with allan salmon's cousin, and thats where im getting my info from.... Seems it was an interesting weekend last week. wonder if the get all the ddca guns to play in a match together against another local league to see how they play......

Its a shame that Joey Moloney left the comp, not because he was a gun, he was goddamn awful at cricket, but really added something to the game with his spirit

Agree to an extent Flying Duck. The league has certainly become a niche market for the social cricketer, but that doesnt neccessarily mean there isnt some good serious cricket being played.

Theres lots of passionate and enthusiastic youngsters getting about who should lift the standard in a few years (I looked at the Colts playing list and their oldest player is 24, so theres not just 30odds gettin about!).

If these youngsters choose to further their cricket I guess its up to the individual whether they venture into Castlemaine or Ballarat comps. Chris Adams, Tom Geddes, James Winnard etc are all good enough to play A grade elsewhere but they obviously have their reasons why they prefer to play cricket locally with their mates and their passion for the local comp. For example, Ive never seen a more passionate local cricketer in Tom who would bleed for his club and the comp.

Playing in such a weak standard of cricket may be loyal but is at deficit to their own progression in the game.

JEFF THOMPSON
thomson1.jpg

Come and enjoy some stories from the Cricket Pitch, and beyond!
A must see event, for all Cricket, and Sporting Fans alike!

Appearing at the St Arnaud Sporting Club
Tuesday 20th November, Starting 7:30 SHARP!
Signed Memorabilia available on the night

To Book or Enquire, Speak to Bruce, at SPORTFIRST ST ARNAUD
PH (03) 5495 1283 OR 0407 951 945
During Business Hours
TELL YOUR MATES!!
_1134848_thomson300.jpg

hey fellas any results from last weekends games. i can't find any on the net

Blackwood 181 defeated Colts 145 - heard it was pretty close; Colts had them 7 down before they made the total. Harro hangin round making 57 helped Blackwood get the points

Newlyn 9-145dec and 2/80 defeated Trentham 79 and 125 - No real surprises there I guess

And Smeaton 230 defeated K'Boora 155 - massive win by Smeaton, woulda been a big Saturday night at the local I would have thought!

jesus Smeaton getting up... Good on them. Bet the Boora boys weren't happy there... What happened.. anyone know.....

What are ya tips for this weekends games fellas.

Also reckon we should do a a mock interleague side. post ya sides up and lets see how it goes.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U seem to know a lot about Darren Harrison dazza vic...any reason why??:cool:[/quote]

Darren Harrison is a fat **** that thinks his good at everything but is only good at talking crap

U seem to know a lot about Darren Harrison dazza vic...any reason why??:cool

Darren Harrison is a fat **** that thinks his good at everything but is only good at talking crap

Im quite happy to prove im not who you think i am.........

but believe what ya wanna bleieve I don't really care...

Any results fellas, this thread has seemed to die in the ass

Ladder before finals:

K'Boora 60
Blackwood 54
Hepburn 45
Newlyn 37
Smeaton 28
Colts 27
Trentham 9

A fairly close season with all but one team with a chance to make finals going into the last round.

Should be a K'Boora v Blackwood final...plenty of batting in both sides will be a run feast

lol now we got a spark... hmm so how does the finals work 1v4, 2v3 im assuming as there are only 7 teams...

Lets get a match preview of both final fellas.. obviously Axel you know a bit and maybe you to Daz...........

K'Boora v Newlyn

Shouldnt be too much worry for K'boora, should account for Newlyn quite easily you would think.

Blackwood v Hepburn

Blackwood are on a mission and with their solid batting lineup should set a big total. As long as they keep Robbo quiet they should win easily, only thing to stop them would be their recent finals record which isnt too flash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back