Anyone ready to accept the Pies are the Real deal yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Catnip said:
I suppose you think it is Melbourne will be in the top four instead. Mate you blokes beat us by a kick and these black and white jokers are giving us our worst hiding in over a decade. You are dreaming big fella.
yes but at least Geelong played footy against us. Unfortunately, i think the pies may be alright, although maybe they are peaking too early, you can't really predict anything in footy, 6 weeks ago Geelong were deadset certainties for the flag, now everyone reckons they're rat :D:D:D:D, and maybe they wont lose for another 6 weeks

SingaporeSling said:
Thats right - every team we have played other than WCE or Adelaide have been a rabble !l

In fairness to the poster, there are a lot of rabble teams going around at the moment. Certainly you can only beat the team you oppose, but this season is unique in that at least 10 teams have established that they are non-contenders so early.

Having said all that, I would like to petition that the phrase "real deal" be retired immediately.

Catnip said:
I suppose you think it is Melbourne will be in the top four instead. Mate you blokes beat us by a kick and these black and white jokers are giving us our worst hiding in over a decade. You are dreaming big fella.

Where did I mention Melbourne? And Collingwood aren't exactly peaking at the right time like goDees22 said.

Paul. said:
Well; how many teams are going to be excused as 'rabbles' before people give the side credit for belting them, and playing positive footy. If it were anyone but Collingwood I'm sure there would be a lot more of the good people here giving credit where it's due.

What difference does it make? Why do Collingwood supporters so desperately seek approval from others? Hmmmm... I retract the question.

Paul. said:
Well; how many teams are going to be excused as 'rabbles' before people give the side credit for belting them, and playing positive footy.
I just want Collingwood to beat a side who will play finals this season.

They've already lost to Adelaide and WC, so let's say any of Bulldogs, Melbourne, Sydney or St. Kilda.

If they rolled Freo in Perth I'd rate that as well.

look, i think sides should start rating us, but not fearing us yet.

What have we done in the last 15 years on the field as a football club? Not much. 2 finals series in 12 years of footy aint much to write home about.

I think opposition teams will start getting a bit of a bubble in their throat when they play us because they won't really know how will turn up- if we're good they may be in trouble, bad then good day for them.

Theres a long way to go before sides dont write us off. Hopefully we can be around the mark come round 15, then we'll see then. I'd like to think we are top 8, but that could be questionable. We gotta beat the saints, doggies and brisbane comming up. If we can win those 3 games and be 9-6 round 15- then top 6 definately realistic. However, still a long long way to go.

Several Collingwood players stick it up their critics in 2006

The list is pretty long actually. As long as the list of poster who have bagged them over the past few seasons and are now hiding.

Fraser - apparently the worst #1 pick ever
Didak - a ridiculous decision not to trade him for Stevens?? mmmmm
Heath Shaw - another waste of a draft pick on a Father -Son. his guy was rubbished BEFORE he even played a game ffs
Leon Davis - apparently wouldn't get a game at Essendon or most other clubs
A.Rocca - unfit and one dimensional

it goes on and on. very quiet atm though

Re: Several Collingwood players stick it up their critics in 2006

Heath Shaw was outstanding again.

He would have to be favourite to win the NAB Rising Star Award. Has been sensational so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar Longshanks said:

They've already lost to Adelaide and WC, so let's say any of Bulldogs, Melbourne, Sydney or St. Kilda.

I won't rate the Eagles until they beat a decent side on the MCG.

Collingwood- Huge chance for the flag

as much as it pains me to give credit to a major rival i believe they are a major chance at the flag although i dont rate Geelong highly Collingwood played irresistable footy tonight and its not the big name players that were the major contributors it was the 2nd tier players Swan, Davis, Shaw etc. Collingwood would've beaten 15 other clubs tonight i believe will be interesting if they can carry this form into September.

BTW Shaw is a gun :thumbsu:

Re: Collingwood- Huge chance for the flag

Shaw is a gun.

Thats a 16 goal thrashing to a side that were at full strength and who just beat a very good side in St.Kilda.

No crap sides can do that ;)

I agree that Heath Shaw is very good , but the flag call at round 8 is premature considering the variables footy throws up.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Sorry we havent played any of those sides yet.

Tell me this, which teams have beaten Geelong by 100 points this season.

Actually, how many times this season has Adelaide and West Coast defeated a side by 100 points.

Cassius_Clay said:
Shaw is a gun.

Thats a 16 goal thrashing to a side that were at full strength and who just beat a very good side in St.Kilda.

No crap sides can do that ;)
were has Shaw been before this season? injured?

bucksisbest said:
I agree that Heath Shaw is very good , but the flag call at round 8 is premature considering the variables footy throws up.
true, but if you can play like you did tonight for the rest of the season Collingwood supporter would have every right to be confident about there chances come September.

Re: Several Collingwood players stick it up their critics in 2006

Fraser - apparently the worst #1 pick ever - Always shown potential, finally living up to it. Was a beautiful pick at the start of the year for my dream team. :)

Didak - a ridiculous decision not to trade him for Stevens?? mmmmm - Correct

Leon Davis - apparently wouldn't get a game at Essendon or most other clubs - He still hasnt played that well this year.

A.Rocca - unfit and one dimensional - A Star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back