Anyone remember Thursday 7th May 1992?

Remove this Banner Ad

We all have different views but I agree with you Buckley is a long way ahead of Pants. I would have Pants as 4th best of the 1990 grooup after Daics, Brown and Shaw. If he had have had a full career i reckon it would have been at the Dipper level which is pretty good.

My best 5 ever in order

Lethal (loved watching him and Plugger)
Hudson
Carey
Lockett
Dunstall
(GAS the most electrifying)

The 5 silk, non Collingwood (so no Daics) any order

Peter Matera
Chris Judd WCE
GAJ
Andrew McLeod
Tony Modra

The 5 if onlys

John Greening
Phil Carmen
John Greening
Phil Carmen
John Greening

Player I most enjoyed watching

Wayne Richardson childhood
Gavin Brown adulthood
Daics for magic
I wonder if any one is gutsy to name their best five NON Collingwood players they’ve seen?

For me:

• Leigh Matthews
  • Malcolm Blight
  • Anthony Lockett
  • Gary Ablett snr
  • Wayne Carey
Best players to just watch play football; the pure silk department types:

NB: I just lo Ed watching Leigh Matthews But he was a brute, so he’s my all time favourite to watch but not for silk value. So should really be top 6 then if counting Lethal. I’m very tempted to also say Daniel Wells but he’s not quite the levels of the top brass, but he was so amazing to watch from the pure joy side.
If he wasn’t at Carlton I’d say I’d love watching Bruce Doull but he was so I won’t.

• Keith Greig
  • Malcolm Blight
  • Robert Flower
  • Peter Knights
  • Bernie Quinlan (kicking)
You have named some great players that has shrunk my list so other than the ones named.
Robbie Flower
Gavin Wangedeen
Maurice Rioli
Wayne Harmes
Michael Voss

You have named some great players that has shrunk my list so other than the ones named.
Robbie Flower
Gavin Wangedeen
Maurice Rioli
Wayne Harmes
Michael Voss
Loved your post.
Well until I saw that name, Wayne Harmes. :eek:

That’s a bad bad bad memory right there.

:devil:

True Saintly Viewed that umpire needed spec savers dammit,
But other than that he was a great kick and mark.
He was a good player.

Re the umpire, I’ve never known had he had the funds to pay for his re-entry and Harmes re-entry back into the MCG that grand final day.

He was a good player.

Re the umpire, I’ve never known had he had the funds to pay for his re-entry and Harmes re-entry back into the MCG that grand final day.

Back when I was working an old job I had to order plastic bottles and the person I had to speak to was Harmes working for VISY... he was the sales rep... the Harmes incident is before my time but I knew about it. I would have been chuffed to be dealing with any other gun ex player but with him it was like mate * you... even though he was nice enough on the phone and came and visited me as part of work but it was always in the back of my mind this prick cost us a Grand Final against Carlton so I wasn't in the mood for chit chat and never even let him know I knew who he was lol. Talking footy was out of bounds with him.

Back when I was working an old job I had to order plastic bottles and the person I had to speak to was Harmes working for VISY... he was the sales rep... the Harmes incident is before my time but I knew about it. I would have been chuffed to be dealing with any other gun ex player but with him it was like mate **** you... even though he was nice enough on the phone and came and visited me as part of work but it was always in the back of my mind this prick cost us a Grand Final against Carlton so I wasn't in the mood for chit chat and never even let him know I knew who he was lol. Talking footy was out of bounds with him.

The funny thing with Harmes is he is a mad Richmond supporter and hated Carlton growing up. He even said when he retired he went back to supporting Richmond and hating Carlton.

This game along with the Friday night game against Essendon later in the year were the precursor to Friday night becoming a big event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back