Anyone working as a Department Manager in a supermarket?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at woolies

Its 40-45

You aren't allowed to do over 45.

Let be honest if you are needing to do more than 45 hours a week you aren't doing your job properly.
That depends on how much actual hours the business allocates to each department and shop. It's been streamlined significantly so if you are doing 10-11 hour days it's probably because you have to. Competency of your team is irrelevant most of the time. If your not passionate about retail than I wouldn't bother committing to it because it's non stop work even for DM's.

Not at woolies

Its 40-45

You aren't allowed to do over 45.

Let be honest if you are needing to do more than 45 hours a week you aren't doing your job properly.
You do hear a lot of people saying they work insane hours but it’s really not that bad.

I have heard of crackdowns since the woolies underpaying legal suit, even at coles.

If you are understaffed for a week and you are under pressure from people above you, then you will be doing more than 45 hours for that week regardless of how good you are.

Nigtfill doesn't exist anymore, at least in Woolworths stores

I heard atleast a dozen stores are still doing it.

It would of been interesting to find out how many workers just rolled over and signed the new contracts.

I know the workers of one store didn't roll over and they are still doing nightfill.

But good on Woolworths for making people take pay cuts, while making record profits during a pandemic!

Last edited:
If you are understaffed for a week and you are under pressure from people above you, then you will be doing more than 45 hours for that week regardless of how good you are.
No you won't as you are not allowed to 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back