Anzac Ceremony for every game

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Isn’t this just a bit over a top?

I understand the game, but I find it bizarre and tacky that they’ve now pretty much marketed a whole round around the slaughter of innocent men. Do we really need to have the ceremony for almost every game?

Surely just do it on the actual day.

Last edited:

I understand the game, but I find it bizarre and tacky that they’ve now pretty much marketed a whole round around the slaughter of innocent men. Do we really need to have the ceremony for every game?

Show a bit of respect, this is the time we remember footballers who gave their lives for the game.

I understand the game, but I find it bizarre and tacky that they’ve now pretty much marketed a whole round around the slaughter of innocent men. Do we really need to have the ceremony for every game?

You think that's over the top? We did a minutes silence for an indoor cricket game many years ago, can't say it was 'silent' though as we were pissing ourselves laughing, not out of disrespect to our past and present service men/women, but because it was indoor cricket FFS, i thought they were gonna play the national anthem for a minute.

You think that's over the top? We did a minutes silence for an indoor cricket game many years ago, can't say it was 'silent' though as we were pissing ourselves laughing, not out of disrespect to our past and present service men/women, but because it was indoor cricket FFS, i thought they were gonna play the national anthem for a minute.

We’ve got caps

https://www.bombershop.com.au/950-essbom-2018-anzac

“Show your support for fallen men by buying a $50 cap that cost 11c to make.”

Wow. So 9 ANZAC tributes a year before the footy footy to men who sacrificed their life for this country offends you. No words.

Entitlement at its finest is all I can say.
I’m not offended at all.

Just feels completely tacky compared to the stuff on the actual day.

But yeah I forgot how dare I forget that the whole idea of Anzac Day has been been turned into something totally different in modern times.

They are marketing a round of football around a day that commentates men being slaughtered. That’s pretty sick.

I’m not offended at all.

Just feels completely tacky compared to the stuff on the actual day.

But yeah I forgot how dare I forget that the whole idea of Anzac Day has been been turned into something totally different in modern times.
I daresay you wouldn't have this view if your grandfather had been an ANZAC. They deserve every moment of respect they get. There is nothing lost by having the tribute before the game.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I daresay you wouldn't have this view if your grandfather had been an ANZAC. They deserve every moment of respect they get. There is nothing lost by having the tribute before the game.

Yeah righto mate.

My deceased family member is going to feel completely disrespected and forgotten about because there wasn’t a ******* ceremony for them at an AFL game.

You do realise men coming back from war don’t want to be constantly reminded of it? They have memories of war that last much longer than once a year. Making close to a week long spectacle around it goes totally against that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the marketing of it and the profiteering.

why do we have to be all so cynical. Can't we all have our own derivations of an Anzac ceremony. Not perhaps like soldiers jumping out of
choppers or else driving them round the g.

Do what each combination of clubs want to do and where the games are going to play.

It is being cynical that we all become disinterested. Let the two clubs develop a way to celebrate, commemorate and embrace
what is the Anzac spirit..

stop the idea that it belongs only to the bombers and the Pies.

make it your own..

It’s almost a full week away. Feels weird doing anything so far away from the actual day.

I’d prefer they keep it to the day of and the Anzac eve game. Makes it more special if they aren’t doing it the week before the actual day.

ah well there you go.. we aren't perhaps expected to watch every game other than our own.. that's obvious. so everyone should stop
complaining. Perhaps not complaining but again it is such a dynamic situation where everyone has a different view.

shucks I am telling myself to shut up mother for trying to cuss her son and daughter for being so vocal.. they hate me for it.

Wow. So 9 ANZAC tributes a year before the footy to men who sacrificed their life for this country offends you. No words.

Entitlement at its finest is all I can say.

ANZAC day is a disgraceful celebration of war designed as a marketing tool to attract the next lambs to the slaughter and reduce the compensation to the families who lost their loved ones.

regards
ex-serviceman

ANZAC day is a disgraceful celebration of war designed as a marketing tool to attract the next lambs to the slaughter and reduce the compensation to the families who lost their loved ones.

regards
ex-serviceman
I'd imagine your view would be in a minority amongst your colleagues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back