Oppo Camp ANZAC Day 2019 - Essendon vs Collingwood tickets - help needed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Strange thread title on our board I know, but getting to an ANZAC Day game is a bit of a bucket list item for me, and I’ve got an opportunity to head over to Melbourne this year.

The public allocation of tickets sold out within an hour or so, and it was literally that afternoon that the chance for me to head to Melbourne came up (my leave request at work was unexpectedly approved haha), so I missed out on tickets by a bee’s dick.

Tomorrow morning, “AFL Member” tickets go on sale. This means that anyone with a silver “AFL membership” can chuck their barcode in on the ticketek website and get a ticket. I’m assuming it would allow each member to purchase 2 but I’m not 100% on this. I also imagine they’ll sell out in approximately 2 minutes.

So my question is this: Do we have any Silver AFL Members on here who have no intention of attending the ANZAC Day game and would like to PM me their barcode?

It’s a long shot (I’ve literally never met anyone with this type of membership), but I thought I’d throw it out there.

Alternatively, if anyone has spare tickets to the game, I’m sure we can work out a deal.

Any other suggestions on how myself and a friend can get in would be much appreciated.

Strange thread title on our board I know, but getting to an ANZAC Day game is a bit of a bucket list item for me, and I’ve got an opportunity to head over to Melbourne this year.

The public allocation of tickets sold out within an hour or so, and it was literally that afternoon that the chance for me to head to Melbourne came up (my leave request at work was unexpectedly approved haha), so I missed out on tickets by a bee’s dick.

Tomorrow morning, “AFL Member” tickets go on sale. This means that anyone with a silver “AFL membership” can chuck their barcode in on the ticketek website and get a ticket. I’m assuming it would allow each member to purchase 2 but I’m not 100% on this. I also imagine they’ll sell out in approximately 2 minutes.

So my question is this: Do we have any Silver AFL Members on here who have no intention of attending the ANZAC Day game and would like to PM me their barcode?

It’s a long shot (I’ve literally never met anyone with this type of membership), but I thought I’d throw it out there.

Alternatively, if anyone has spare tickets to the game, I’m sure we can work out a deal.

Any other suggestions on how myself and a friend can get in would be much appreciated.

eBay. Always heaps of tickets up every year. Ess and pies members buy their full allocation them flog them off. You’ll pay a premium but it’s a good day to go to.

eBay. Always heaps of tickets up every year. Ess and pies members buy their full allocation them flog them off. You’ll pay a premium but it’s a good day to go to.

There have literally been 0 sold on eBay so far this year. I think there’s been tightening on this.

I’m looking at resale sites but am very wary. I’ll wait and see what happens I guess.

Would this run afoul of the Victorian scalping laws that apply to Grand Final tickets?

Yes, it would. Only buy tickets that do not specifically list seat numbers as they are likely to be cancelled by the AFL. Generally sellers will list the bay number only.

There have literally been 0 sold on eBay so far this year. I think there’s been tightening on this.

I’m looking at resale sites but am very wary. I’ll wait and see what happens I guess.

Three sellers on ebay currently with tickets. I've gone to seveal ANZAC day matches with ebay tickets. Always on ebay every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back