Discussion Round 6, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (ANZAC Day)

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
It looks like a final player issue photo on the Essendon shop site. No red on the inside of the collar.

eb19jsy14m-front.jpg

On the Collingwood site it looks like a photo of a retail guernsey. There is a big white part underneath the number box (where the Emirates logo is).

cw19jsy14m-back.jpg
I would expect neither of these are photos and that they're Photoshop templates.
However, I take your point on the Red inside the collars.

I would expect neither of these are photos and that they're Photoshop templates.
However, I take your point on the Red inside the collars.
Nah these would definitely be real. They wouldn’t intentionally colour and stretch the AFL logo like that on a photoshop template

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah these would definitely be real. They wouldn’t intentionally colour and stretch the AFL logo like that on a photoshop template

Yeah the Essendon one is real (see the slight colour bleed on the AFL logo, the curves in the material if you look near the ISC logo) but the Collingwood one appears to be a mock-up.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Is the AFL doing the Remembrance Ceremony before all 9 games this year or just once per state?

Melbourne should be in royal but won't be.
What's the going thing for Sydney vs GWS games at the moment - clash jumpers or no?
Geelong navy shorts?

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
The Geelong - West Coast match up should be a real indicator of where we're at witj Geelong wearing navy shorts at home again.

Melbourne wearing Redback and GWS aren't real examples sadly, as GWS often wear white shorts to Geelong for whatever reason.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
The geelong west coast match up could be terrible. Geelong in blue shorts and eagles introducing white via their shorts.

Going to be very messy if West Coast are forced to wear white shorts.

Bit like the old North Melbourne home games Vs Bulldogs....

Going to be very messy if West Coast are forced to wear white shorts.

Bit like the old North Melbourne home games Vs Bulldogs....

Royal blue vs Navy Blue, If Essendon can get away with their red clash jumper against Melbourne, West Coast in white shorts will be fine.

I would be very, very surprised if this is anything but a photo of a retail guernsey. ISC mock-ups are pretty obvious.

cw19jsy14m-front.jpg
This year's ANZAC jumper was on display at the Holden Centre when I called in before the eagles match (12 April).

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Royal blue vs Navy Blue, If Essendon can get away with their red clash jumper against Melbourne, West Coast in white shorts will be fine.

No, because you're adding white to a kit that doesn't have white, against a team that is primarily white, wearing navy blue shorts. It's not a good look, and it's abhorrent that the AFL has taken a huge backwards step this year in regards to it.

Back