Preview ANZAC Day Round 6, 2021 vs St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez we get a fair run in Adelaide against this mob.

We've played them only 3 times in Melbourne in the last 15 years. Weird.

Fun fact. You know the place where comparatively Saints v Port have had great crowds? Launceston. 3 of the top 13 AFL crowds in Launceston have been between Port and the Saints.

Just got my ticket for pod 2 on the hill. Yeeaah boi can't wait! Mad atmosphere, 8 goal run when Saints decide its too hard. Gonna be a good night at the footy.

The Saints appear out of form no doubt, they were horrendous against the Tigers and Bombers. However a few weeks ago most of us had tipped them for top8 and many top4. So whilst I'm confident our best beats them I'm still personally very wary given our injuries and their barnstorming finish V WC.

Last edited:
The Saints appear out of form no doubt, they were horrendous against the Saints and Bombers. However a few weeks ago most of us had tipped them for top8 and many top4. So whilst I'm confident our best beats them I'm still personally very wary given our injuries and their barnstorming finish V WC.

since the west coast game they've been rolled by 15 goals.

they ******* stink

Fun fact. You know the place where comparatively Saints v Port have had great crowds? Launceston. 3 of the top 13 AFL crowds in Launceston have been between Port and the Saints.
Because they won’t be able to cover the shot house crowd they’d get against us.

They only draw about 18k against us, so they probably say to AFL no games against Port at home please.

Ah yes, handing their monopoly in Tasmania to Hawthorn.

That strategic masterstroke brought to you by Rod Butterss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, handing their monopoly in Tasmania to Hawthorn.

That strategic masterstroke brought to you by Rod Butterss.

To be fair, not the only bad business idea made whilst smacking a kilo of Colombian marching powder up your snout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 was going to be the first time we played them outside of Adelaide since 2013, but in China not Melbourne.

Same thing happen when I did the preview thread for the Saints game last year.

St Kilda must be a very uninteresting match-up.

For me, given where we’re at and where Boak, Gray, Dixon and others are on the clock, most home and away games have become relatively meaningless.

Get the dub, hope for no injuries, and so on and so forth until September.

Considering that McKenzie is playing close to his best with 8 marks and 3 contested possessions on the weekend, he may be playing close to his form of last year. Then there is the temptation to fit SPP back into the line up. I want Bergman to get a solid run but he is directly competing with McKenzie. Then there is the idea of blooding Fredricks.

Richmond went through this one season and developed depth by blooding so many player and never losing their system. Controlled exposure for as many players is what I want to see. Duursma and Butters are locks when they are back so which young player is going to step up? So far Bergman and Lachie Jones seems to be benefiting. I hope Drew finds confidence because he is playing OK considering his injury history and limited number of games.

I'm excited that Bergman is actually the player that can be the next big thing. He can mark, he's big, he can kick, and he's actually explosive. Lachie jones is just a competitor. He can actually get better. He is a thinker which can be detrimental to your form.

I also want to make a point about Lachie Jones. He seems to scan the field and is very deliberate with his ball use. He doesn't panic. this can be good if harnessed correctly but a negative for a kid who is taking on so much responsibility in the backline.

When Lachie gets the footy he is looking around the ground. You can see him thinking and taking things in. He is learning on the job. This learning is mainly left brain dominant. The left brain is analytical, and orderly and sometimes called the digital brain. The downfall is that processing takes a lot longer and isn't conducive to that split second decision making that is required in the AFL. The right brain processes information far quicker and is intuitive. When a player is reacting to a ball or another player they don’t have time to think about how to do it or to be careful about what they are doing. If they do it usually screws things up.

Lachie shows that he is a bit of both. Clumsy because he charges into things without thinking and slow because he is assessing the situation (usually when kicking). When he learns the ropes he will be a superstar. Let's put up with his mistakes but watch the care that he puts into his disposals. He wants to be the best defender out their. And I think he will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back