AO TV Coverage Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* disgrace 7 is they are completely butchering this tennis coverage, ultra blur o vision and now putting up idiotic news feeds in the middle of a game if i wanted the news id tune into a news channel

Another infuriating thing about these clowns is that the coverage is on significant delay in some parts of Australia.

Was talking to an acquaintance (in a different part of the country) yesterday while we both had the tennis on. It turned out he was seeing the points a ridiculous amount of time earlier than I was. I'd already been aware of the (disgraceful) delay from seeing points on the live scoreboard online and in-play betting movements in the odds, but hadn't realised the full extent of it.

Completely disgusting, and just another of many things about 7's coverage of the event that shows their disdain and contempt for the viewers.

But, of course, I can hardly wait for the speech of Craig Tiley or whoever after the finals paying the usual tributes to 7 for their supposedly 'magnificent' coverage. Sigh ...

Last edited:
Another infuriating thing about these clowns is that the coverage is on significant delay in some parts of Australia.

Was talking to an acquaintance (in a different part of the country) yesterday while we both had the tennis on. It turned out he was seeing the points a ridiculous amount of time earlier than I was. I'd already known about the (disgraceful) delay from seeing points on the live scoreboard online and in-play betting movements in the odds, but hadn't realised the full extent of it.

Completely disgusting, and just another of many things about 7's coverage of the event that shows their disdain and contempt for the viewers.

But, of course, I can hardly wait for the speech of Craig Tiley or whoever after the finals paying the usual tributes to 7 for their magnificent coverage. Sigh ... .
that is fairly common.

i was doing that for the AFL footy. i was a good 10 seconds in front of the folks from the Tassie while i was in Melbourne.

that has more to do with your local station than the big wigs as 7HQ at melb park. mostly to do with ads, or transmission times im guessing. lets be honest, 10 seconds is not the end of the world.

that is fairly common.

i was doing that for the AFL footy. i was a good 10 seconds in front of the folks from the Tassie while i was in Melbourne.

that has more to do with your local station than the big wigs as 7HQ at melb park. mostly to do with ads, or transmission times im guessing. lets be honest, 10 seconds is not the end of the world.

Yep, it's not as though it has never happened before. But it's still nowhere near good enough. It shouldn't happen. Period. Why should anyone need to have any delay at all?

With the Big Bash recently, there was absolutely no difference. He and I were seeing it at exactly the same time.

And, with all due respect, 10 seconds' difference is definitely pretty close to "the end of the world" if you're doing something like trying to bet in-play.

Yep, it's not as though it has never happened before. But it's still nowhere near good enough. It shouldn't happen. Period. Why should anyone need to have any delay at all?

With the Big Bash recently, there was absolutely no difference. He and I were seeing it at exactly the same time.

And, with all due respect, 10 seconds' difference is definitely pretty close to "the end of the world" if you're doing something like trying to bet in-play.
i prefer a small delay over missing points. (though seven do like missing points, that is not the point)

if u are in play betting, u shouldnt relay on the TV, but the betting websites live stream(if they have one). u never know how delayed some sports are.

I wish they would use some of their lesser known commentators more like Geoff Masters and Alan Stone (at least I think that's who they are - they rarely even mention their names). They are so non-fuss with their commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i prefer a small delay over missing points. (though seven do like missing points, that is not the point)

if u are in play betting, u shouldnt relay on the TV, but the betting websites live stream(if they have one). u never know how delayed some sports are.

We could debate this over and over, I suppose.

But, if someone buys up the exclusive rights, then matches they say they are showing 'live' (especially at this stage of the tournament) should be shown ... *live*. There's simply no legitimate excuse for having a delay at all.

On 7's coverage, everyone misses enough of the points and real-time action of most matches through their incessant advertising and puff pieces as it is already. We don't need any more.

The inclusion of Hewitt just reaffirms to me as to why Bruce should be made redundant of his commentary duties.
Should of gotten rid of Bruce once Hewitt had no matches left. That way you could really test the chemistry between Hewitt and Courier before the next Aus Open. Bruce just seems unwanted in there. We all laugh about Bruce and joke about the things he says, but the truth is he is woeful yet gifted a spot commentating the best tennis players in the world. Mind you, the real issue is Basil/Hamish, honestly can't watch any sport they are on.

Last edited:
They're replaying the semi final(s) on 7Two right now (irony in abandoning the channel this week, but now deciding replays are the go!). Did ol at Stubbs' "muted scream" comment, could totally picture Aussie Kim and playboy Todd rolling their eyes or doing the crazy face (index finger circling the ear) after she said that.

Should of gotten rid of Bruce once Hewitt had no matches left. That way you could really test the chemistry between Hewitt and Courier before the next Aus Open. Bruce just seems unwanted in there. We all laugh about Bruce and joke about the things he says, but the truth is he is woeful yet gifted a spot commentating the best tennis players in the world. Mind you, the real issue is Basil/Hamish, honestly can't watch any sport they are on.

They would probably get rid of Courier and have Bruce and Lleyton as a double act instead of getting rid of Bruce.

Hamish: The father of one defeats the father of four

I can't go berko at Hamish as this has been a Channel 7 line other's have said over the last 24 hours. But as if the number of children was the difference and the reason why Djokovic won the match.

Their stupid slogans, can't wait to hear what they say when the finalists enter RLA on Saturday and Sunday night (it's usually some drivel with over the top dramatic music).

Hamish: The father of one defeats the father of four

I can't go berko at Hamish as this has been a Channel 7 line other's have said over the last 24 hours. But as if the number of children was the difference and the reason why Djokovic won the match.

Their stupid slogans, can't wait to hear what they say when the finalists enter RLA on Saturday and Sunday night (it's usually some drivel with over the top dramatic music).

I feel like we are watching UFC or boxing match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back