AO TV Coverage Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

For the life of me I can't think why 7 drop back to one channel halfway through the tournament when you get more good quality matches from now on, worthy of showing two at once. They did it last year too. Can only assume it is some contractual arrangement.

Yeah I agree, every year I don't understand why they don't stick with two channels for Round 4 on the Sunday and Monday during the day. From Tuesday when all singles are on RLA they could switch to one Channel

I was just thinking how great it was to not have to listen to Bruce wank on and exaggerate all the time.
But now they have Hamish McLachlan to perform the cliche and gap filler role.
I am happy to just have Jim and Lleyton as commentators.I dont need the gap filler Hamish to just speak utter obvious s**t trying to sound earnest.
So annoying.
His gushing over Thiem today has been next level.

Jim Wilson is sadly the same. The over exaggeration and hyperbole regarding EVERYTHING is so tiresome.

i dont understand why they refuse to use 7mate other then when they go to the news on the main channel. tsonga/monfils/warwinka have had some entertaining matches this open yet they haven't put it on tv. do people really not want to miss repeats of aussie pickers or some show about a pawn shop

i dont understand why they refuse to use 7mate other then when they go to the news on the main channel. tsonga/monfils/warwinka have had some entertaining matches this open yet they haven't put it on tv. do people really not want to miss repeats of aussie pickers or some show about a pawn shop

Yeah I agree, all the production is their anyway. Could it be they want high ratings and two channels could split the audience?

They simply don't give a s**t about missing points for ads. They know how long the television timeouts are but don't care.

Channel 7 are the Donald Trump of broadcasters. F***ing absolutely unbearable, but the bogans love it.

Only one network would choose to give regular air time to Pauline Hansen every Monday morning for the bogan hicks and their kids to lap up her gospel for breakfast.

Do I lie awake at night hoping someone throws a grenade into the Sunrise studio? Thats a story for a another day....

Anyway, back to the tennis.

If you put Basil, Fitzy, Todd Woodbridge, Koshy, Sam Armytage, Berretts, Manu, Pete Evans, Bruce, BT, Luke Darcy in the same room Im pretty sure this would create a blackhole. A vaccuum of nothingness. A climax of f**kheadry.

Come to think of it, who is respectable on this holocaust of a network?

A national shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else notice a quality change after the Federer match and Roddick clip ?

It's like they were broadcasting the internet version for a bit (jerky camera movement, stuttering reminiscent of "buffering"). I did check this on a second tv and asked another person in another location and it's happening with them too).
i noticed it to

They simply don't give a s**t about missing points for ads. They know how long the television timeouts are but don't care.
On what godforsaken planet would anyone find this acceptable? How Channel 7 can continually get away with this boggles the mind. Can you imagine if they did it once in a home and away game? Bigfooty would riot. As consumers we put up with a lot of free-to-air s**t that we really shouldn't have to and I'm genuinely angry about this. So angry I might even bother calling up tomorrow. Or at least keyboard mashing on here some more.

Cant stand Woodbridge and his houty touty elitist tone. Guy is a tool. I remember seeing a story on 4 corners about the farce that is Tennis Australia and he had no idea.

TODD WOODBRIDGE (to AIS players): To all the athletes coming in - to the boys and the girls - congratulations on making it in to the AIS.

DEBBIE WHITMONT: Last year, Tennis Australia brought in former doubles champion, Todd Woodbridge, as Head of Men's Tennis and Australia's Davis Cup coach.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Now, I've got on board because I believe there is a pathway. There's a pathway with the National Academies that feed into the Australian Institute of Sport; that feed into the AIS / Davis Cup Squad; that feed into the Davis Cup team.

DEBBIE WHITMONT: Todd Woodbridge has put together an Institute of Sport and Davis Cup Squad.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: You need to know who you're going to pick and who's going to be there. So, the squad that... that I've put together is to have travelling coaches around the world that support those kids.

DEBBIE WHITMONT: So can you just tell me who those players are and…?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Ah yes, they're... they are, um Matthew, Ebden, Klein, Millman and... Ebden, Klein Millman... who am I missing (pause).

No shame by 7 with their open desire for a Rafa/Fed final. Making it out like Dimitrov would be a villain if he wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back