APC Media Watchdog rules in favour of Eagles re: Herald Sun's pre 2015 AFL GF Trash Journalism

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the players and club should lead a self imposed ban against the Sun. Seems more appropriate than what Richmond is doing.
I'm sure a Victorian newspaper will be devastated if we cut ourselves off from them.

Let's just move on, who cares.

Problem is that now we will be a target by HS. That's what media outlets do. If u piss them off they work to make you the bad guy by constantly using language which sound like facts. As bomber Thompson said to robbo, u guys r just too powerful.
Who gives a toss - to me the HS are irrelevant. Gutter journalism is their motto.

Surely the players and club should lead a self imposed ban against the Sun. Seems more appropriate than what Richmond is doing.
This whole situation has been created by the Herald Sun not doing their due diligence by contacting West Coast regarding a story. What would change by willingly not talking to them?

You do know that the female journalist who wrote that article bleeds for the wees and poos!! I couldn't help myself but sent her an email at the time (I was in Melbourne for the GF) saying how unprofessional she was writing an article like that on the eve of the GF. She probably didn't even bother reading it, but it made me feel better as it made me so angry at the time:mad:

Is this her?

sbs article said:
Plus we share a deep love of the mighty Hawthorn Football Club.

http://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/feature/right-wing-refugee-rise-rita-panahi

Surely the impression has to be made that an article from a Hawthorn supporter released 2 days before a GF between the team being slagged off playing her team would be highly suspicious on motive.

This whole situation has been created by the Herald Sun not doing their due diligence by contacting West Coast regarding a story. What would change by willingly not talking to them?

They were worried the club would intimidate Chick into changing his story or, this is hilarious, run off to seek an injunction.

Ironically the injunction of another club (let's call them Injunction Oval) had a Premiership that the media are too frightened to question under any circumstances around the same time as the WCE Premiership. Surely Ms Panahi would love to be involved in such an article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back