Apologies and Good Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Jimi, you're the only one who really champions the "Jetta isn't fast" brigade. I'm not saying you're wrong, but the coaching staff often list him when rattling off the names of quick players.

Jetta has acceptable pace. He is not the speed demon people make him out to be. Anyone that watches the game knows this. He ends up having to back track because he is not even quick enough to get around players.

Perception is a wonderful thing. Reality is often very different. When the goggles come off the gap between perception and reality narrows.

I've noticed this more so with high draft picks, on this board. Jetta is a priority pick so he must be fast and good.

The reality is Jetta is physically capable of being the second fastest at our club as proven by having done it before. Now the fact is, he hasn't been reading the game well and his fitness has limited his sustainability.

A footy field is a hell of a lot larger than 20m and footballers need to do repeat sprints. Anyone that actually believes that once running a quck 20m sprint equates to being a quick AFL footballer is off their head.

I'm happy for someone to post some footage of him burning off a player at AFL level. I can assure you that such footage does not exist.

qdRpb.gif

stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back