Fact apparently, HaWthorn have been ignoring the elite end of the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll translate it for you.....I'm 'super-jelly' of all those clubs who've had success recently, in the wake of my own club's dishonour & disgrace.
I highly doubt thats what it said.

Thanks for following me around the site though, really made this melt even more hilarious.

I highly doubt thats what it said.

Thanks for following me around the site though, really made this melt even more hilarious.

I'm fairly sure that it's you whose hounding me in my thread here.....The Bomber delusion is at the very least consistent.

Happy Birthday my inverted reality fan.

P.S....I'm enjoying the melty melts on your Dodoro home board thread there boncer34.....Most delicious Chrissy fare indeed....LOL.

Last edited:

Once you trade for them, apparently their initial draft order number magically disappears & is no longer relevant....It's like magic.
Why aren't you melting about this in his thread instead of a separate board?

Why aren't you melting about this in his thread instead of a separate board?

Whose melting snow-flake?

There's a simple explanation really….When was the last time you saw me posting on the general board?

It's been a good 3 years since I was banned from it, you nuffie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if hawthorn look like equalling or passing Brisbane this year, it will have taken 5 years not 15 since a threepeat?
even if not 10 years difference is significant

Ten years to not prove a strategy may or may not work

So if hawthorn look like equalling or passing Brisbane this year, it will have taken 5 years not 15 since a threepeat? Even if not 10 years difference is significant.....Ten years to not prove a strategy may or may not work.

We'll finish above the Bombers this year, & easily so.

Whose melting snow-flake?

There's a simple explanation really….When was the last time you saw me posting on the general board?

It's been a good 3 years since I was banned from it, you nuffie.
So, why not tag him in this thread before you melted, coward?

In spite of soooo many Bombers posters feeling compelled to come visit this thread & shout 'You're melting'.....Doesn't make it so.

although , it's a rather bemusing & interesting strategy nonetheless.

The name-calling just adds to the intrigue.

Clearly, I've gotten up many Bombers posters noses of late.....Though there's no hard feelings on my end of the stick.

In spite of soooo many Bombers posters feeling compelled to come visit this thread & shout 'You're melting'.....Doesn't make it so.

although , it's a rather bemusing & interesting strategy nonetheless.

The name-calling just adds to the intrigue.

Clearly, I've gotten up many Bombers posters noses of late.....Though there's no hard feelings on my end of the stick.
Well, that's because you clearly are. In fact everyone in this thread agrees, other than Hawthorn supporters.

But let's look at the facts. Hawthorn have traded in talent, nobody has ever denied that. Of the finalists last year (and Hawthorn for obvious reasons):

Richmond: 8 first round picks drafted, 3 recycled
GWS: 14 drafted, 3 recycled
Collingwood: 8 drafted, 4 recycled
Geelong: 4 drafted, 2 recycled
Brisbane: 8 drafted, 3 recycled
West Coast: 9 drafted, 2 recycled
Bulldogs: 7 drafted, 4 recycled
Essendon: 9 drafted, 3 recycled
Hawthorn: 4 drafted, 7 recycled

Now that's changed to 2 drafted and 8 recycled, clearly opposite of the trend most teams that were at the very least partially successful have done recently, Geelong the obvious exception. You wanted facts, here they are. Hawthorn are ignoring the first round of the draft to rejuvenate their list.

Now that's changed to 2 drafted and 8 recycled, clearly opposite of the trend most teams that were at the very least partially successful have done recently, Geelong the obvious exception. You wanted facts, here they are. Hawthorn are ignoring the first round of the draft to rejuvenate their list.

Not so.....We've targeted the first round of draftees in order to rejuvenate our list.....That is indeed the germane point.

all of O'Meara, Scully, Patton, Wingard, Scrimshaw, Burgoyne, McEvoy, Frawley, Gunston & Mitchell.....Context, context, context.....and somehow pointing out this self-evident fact, qualifies as a melt?.....I mean, just how desperate do you Bombers posters need to get?

Only Carlton has 3 or more Number 1 draft picks on it's list to match us.

Not so.....We've targeted the first round of draftees in order to rejuvenate our list.....That is indeed the germane point.

all of O'Meara, Scully, Patton, Wingard, Scrimshaw, Burgoyne, McEvoy, Frawley, Gunston & Mitchell.....Context, context, context.....and somehow pointing out this self-evident fact, qualifies as a melt?.....I mean, just how desperate do you Bombers posters need to get?

Only Carlton has 3 or more Number 1 draft picks on it's list to match us.
You're recycling them. You have 10 first round draft picks on your list, two of which you drafted. One is 18 and the other 31.

When people say rejuvenate, they mean younger players. Did anybody say Essendon rejuvenated their list when we got two first round picks in Smith and Stringer? Nope. Because we weren't.

You're recycling them. You have 10 first round draft picks on your list, two of which you drafted. One is 18 and the other 31.

When people say rejuvenate, they mean younger players. Did anybody say Essendon rejuvenated their list when we got two first round picks in Smith and Stringer? Nope. Because we weren't.

But the bone of contention is over us having supposedly ignored the elite end of the draft…..Clearly we haven't been.

What we've been doing is utilising our first round picks in order to secure older first rounders who are proven players.

Conclusion.....Bunk's initial premise is factually wrong & incorrect.

But the bone of contention is over us having supposedly ignored the elite end of the draft…..Clearly we haven't been.

What we've been doing is utilising our first round picks in order to secure older first rounders who are proven players.

Conclusion.....Bunk's initial premise is factually wrong & incorrect.
No, he was saying you don't draft first round picks as 18 year olds. Which is correct, you had drafted 4 first round picks as of last year. One of which was mature age

No, he was saying you don't draft first round picks as 18 year olds. Which is correct, you had drafted 4 first round picks as of last year. One of which was mature age

That's not the heading of his thread premise though.....It clearly states that we've been ignoring the elite end of the draft…..We haven't.

Theres only West Coast and Sydney who can hold a candle to the Hawks. the only other premiers since 2010 who don't have at least
Well, that's because you clearly are. In fact everyone in this thread agrees, other than Hawthorn supporters.

But let's look at the facts. Hawthorn have traded in talent, nobody has ever denied that. Of the finalists last year (and Hawthorn for obvious reasons):

Richmond: 8 first round picks drafted, 3 recycled
GWS: 14 drafted, 3 recycled
Collingwood: 8 drafted, 4 recycled
Geelong: 4 drafted, 2 recycled
Brisbane: 8 drafted, 3 recycled
West Coast: 9 drafted, 2 recycled
Bulldogs: 7 drafted, 4 recycled
Essendon: 9 drafted, 3 recycled
Hawthorn: 4 drafted, 7 recycled

they just haven’t had the access those other teams have

That's not the heading of his thread premise though.....It clearly states that we've been ignoring the elite end of the draft…..We haven't.
Okay, you're clearly caught up in your delusions. Lost cause
Theres only West Coast and Sydney who can hold a candle to the Hawks. the only other premiers since 2010 who don't have at least

they just haven’t had the access those other teams have
West Coast have drafted the top end though. As shown above

Remove this Banner Ad

Back