Apple Isle Showdown: Tas Govt threatens to end Hawks, North deals if no plan for 19th side

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an interesting statistic. There are over 100,000 Tasmanian's living in other states in Australia. One third are in Melbourne. That's a pretty decent pool of people to draw from for away games for a Tassie side.

Just saw an interesting statistic. There are over 100,000 Tasmanian's living in other states in Australia. One third are in Melbourne. That's a pretty decent pool of people to draw from for away games for a Tassie side.

The figures I saw were from a paper in 'Academia' 2014. About 32,000 Tasmanians living in Melbourne, some 14000 in Sydney.

It may be from the same source??

The figures I saw were from a paper in 'Academia' 2014. About 32,000 Tasmanians living in Melbourne, some 14000 in Sydney.

It may be from the same source??

It was from a mercury article a few years ago interviewing Charles wooley from 60 minutes. But yeah that sounds right as one third of 100k is around 32k. What's weird is there must therefore be another 54k Tasmanian's in other parts of Australia which seems high as that's more than in Melbourne and Sydney combined.

It was from a mercury article a few years ago interviewing Charles wooley from 60 minutes. But yeah that sounds right as one third of 100k is around 32k. What's weird is there must therefore be another 54k Tasmanian's in other parts of Australia which seems high as that's more than in Melbourne and Sydney combined.

I just looked it up. It includes some 18000 living overseas at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back