Apple Isle Showdown: Tas Govt threatens to end Hawks, North deals if no plan for 19th side

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tha AFL are not obliged to do anything, yes you can accuse them all you want, but if you don't help yourself, you can't blame the AFL.

How's that north, south war going, serious question, i am not up to speed?

Beautifully ignorant.

Obviously, the AFL control the game.

Like in the US civil war, the South are slowly losing. Idiot General Jeff Kennett is on the Norths side, so its keeping the South in the game, just. ;)

Try to keep up. :)

They are there to ensure the health and running of the game at all levels, it's the mantle they took on in addition to running the AFL competition itself.

If you disagree with that, you are welcome to tell me of the "other" body charged with that responsibility.
If they are given the right to do that, yes they are.
The AFL cannot and will not, go into any state and demand action.

What? They are already in Tassie!

You've obviously never heard of AFL Tasmania, previously Football Tasmania, which has been in existence for over 20 years.

You know, the mob in charge of the game down there, the Tasmanian branch of the AFL itself (hence its title).

If the game has declined in Tasmania, which in my mind is unquestionable (I am an expat and take a keen interest in Tassie footy), the AFL is a big part of the problem whether you like it or not.

It's actually absurd to try to argue otherwise and it would help you to listen to people like madmug who have a considerable interest in, and knowledge of, the game down there.

You would know a lot more about Tassie footy that i would.

All i remember is there was a lot of bickering over there, what was that all about?
Yes, so listen to him and learn. :)

What? They are already in Tassie!

You've obviously never heard of AFL Tasmania, previously Football Tasmania, which has been in existence for over 20 years.

You know, the mob in charge of the game down there, the Tasmanian branch of the AFL itself (hence its title).

If the game has declined in Tasmania, which in my mind is unquestionable (I am an expat and take a keen interest in Tassie footy), the AFL is a big part of the problem whether you like it or not.

It's actually absurd to try to argue otherwise and it would help you to listen to people like madmug who have a considerable interest in, and knowledge of, the game down there.
I am not saying there is no problem.

I am asking what is the problem?
Did the AFL cause the problem?
Are they doing anything to fix the problem or just arguing about who is at fault?
Etc. Etc.

I don't give a s**t about what you say about me, but when i see people continuing to blame the AFL for everything wrong with footy, in every state of OZ, i think meh.

I do remember a s**t fight in Tassie between North and South, was that the AFL's fault?
The bickering that still goes on now, is that the AFL's fault?

Maybe instead of saying it's just the AFL's fault, how about identifying what's wrong 1st.

As the controlling body, the CEO came down & made promises to assist the recovery of the game.

Promises made, nothing else has happened. Except gutting the AFLTas office & the State league.

Great improvements, not.

As the controlling body, the CEO came down & made promises to assist the recovery of the game.

Promises made, nothing else has happened. Except gutting the AFLTas office & the State league.

Great improvements, not.
So you blame the AFL for the state of footy if Tasmania.

I will take your word for it for now, i will do a bit of reading and see if i learn anything.

I will go back a read about this big s**t fight i remember.

Are they doing anything to fix the problem or just arguing about who is at fault?
Etc. Etc.

I don't give a sh*t about what you say about me, but when i see people continuing to blame the AFL for everything wrong with footy, in every state of OZ, i think meh.

I do remember a sh*t fight in Tassie between North and South, was that the AFL's fault?

Maybe instead of saying it's just the AFL's fault, how about identifying what's wrong 1st.
If a game is in serious decline in AFL heartland, then the finger is rightly pointed at the administrative body.

What's wrong with it? Junior football decline, senior football decline (clubs & associations disappeared), producing less quality footballers, etc.......At a local level the game is struggling.

I'm not saying the AFL is totally to blame for this (I said it is a big part of the problem) - societal changes for a start can be identified - but as the administrative body they are the ones with the responsibility of trying to return it to health - and that's where the AFL is failing.

Mind you, that's just not in Tassie, because as I have pointed out before, ALL the AFL cares about now is the AFL competition itself. It has all but abandoned its responsibility to the game in other areas which don't benefit the AFL comp.

Etc. Etc.

I don't give a sh*t about what you say about me, but when i see people continuing to blame the AFL for everything wrong with footy, in every state of OZ, i think meh.

I do remember a sh*t fight in Tassie between North and South, was that the AFL's fault?

Thats been a topic of a number of discussions on BF for over a decade.

The fact you seem quite ignorant of the points of those various discussions on the matter, is your fault entirely.

Given that, your demanding a rehash of 10 or more years of such, is pretty silly.

So you blame the AFL for the state of footy if Tasmania.

I will take your word for it for now, i will do a bit of reading and see if i learn anything.

I will go back a read about this big sh*t fight i remember.
Stop putting words in his mouth. Take what he says on face value, rather than putting your spin on them.

As I said, AFL Tasmania has been running the show down there for over 20 years so if you can't understand that they are inextricably linked to the state of the game there, I don't know what else to say to you.

If a game is in serious decline in AFL heartland, then the finger is rightly pointed at the administrative body.

What's wrong with it? Junior football decline, senior football decline (clubs & associations disappeared), producing less quality footballers, etc.......At a local level the game is struggling.

I'm not saying the AFL is totally to blame for this (I said it is a big part of the problem) - societal changes for a start can be identified - but as the administrative body they are the ones with the responsibility of trying to return it to health - and that's where the AFL is failing.

Mind you, that's just not in Tassie, because as I have pointed out before, ALL the AFL cares about now is the AFL competition itself. It has all but abandoned its responsibility to the game in other areas which don't benefit the AFL comp.
I will read about this fight i remember and get back to you, but if i remember right, it was not The AFL that caused the problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok you 2, go for it.

Seems you know the answers.
You seem to have **** all knowledge of the game in Tassie, yet seem to want to argue with - rather than listen to - someone who has an intimate knowledge of the game there (madmug).

It's an odd approach, to say the least.

Stop putting words in his mouth. Take what he says on face value, rather than putting your spin on them.

As I said, AFL Tasmania has been running the show down there for over 20 years so if you can't understand that they are inextricably linked to the state of the game there, I don't know what else to say to you.

The thing so many don't get is that the AFL has grown to completely dominate the media & the effect that has on the community level of the game.

The media itself has been concentrated more & more over the last 20 years or so in the major cities of Melbourne & Sydney.

Being the only state without an AFL club, or a relative level of support for the game we have, its deteriorated.

Having AFL teams gives the game the focus it needs to maintain community attention, to inspire & encourage kids to play.

FIFO teams don't inspire much. They fly in, they fly out.

AFL on TV is just like any other television game, sport or program.

You need a team that engages in the community & attracts that attention.

A small model of WA & SA footy is what we desperately need. An AFL club with a decent 6 or 8 team state league to promote player development in the community.

You seem to have **** all knowledge of the game in Tassie, yet seem to want to argue with - rather than listen to - someone who has an intimate knowledge of the game there (madmug).

It's an odd approach, to say the least.
Do you actually know what a ? means, seems you dont.

And i don't give a crap what you think about what i think, i remember reading about a huge s**t fight in Tassie, i already said i will go look for it.

The thing so many don't get is that the AFL has grown to completely dominate the media & the effect that has on the community level of the game.

The media itself has been concentrated more & more over the last 20 years or so in the major cities of Melbourne & Sydney.

Being the only state without an AFL club, or a relative level of support for the game we have, its deteriorated.

Having AFL teams gives the game the focus it needs to maintain community attention, to inspire & encourage kids to play.

A small model of WA & SA footy is what we desperately need. An AFL club with a decent 6 or 8 team state league to promote player development in the community.
There is making money and obsessed with making money and the AFL has become obsessed with making money.
It has become the be all and end all for them

Do you actually know what a ? means, seems you dont.

And i don't give a crap what you think about what i think, i remember reading about a huge sh*t fight in Tassie, i already said i will go look for it.
I'm only suggesting that you listen to someone who actually knows about the game in Tassie, because you clearly know very little.

About all you seem know about footy there is some big **** fight - and even then you are going to have to head off and look up the details!

Look, all you are doing presently is displaying the level of ignorance shown by many in regards to Tassie, the game there and its bid for an AFL team.

"Listen to someone who knows what's going on there? Whoa, why would I do that? It's better to stay ignorant!!"

So, no, until you start educating yourself, your view on the topic isn't worth much.

Hey, what's that? I thrice used a "?" in this post so, yes, I do know what it means. But thanks anyway. :)

Pretty much spot on except I’d add a lot of administrators that were AFL appointed took the game backwards. Here’s some of the people involved with Footy in tassie. Beginning with Wade. Destroyed what could have been a great VFL team in the devils then wrecked it by trying to turn it into a North Melbourne reserves side. Auld sent the game backwards then got a promotion, the head spins just hearing that one. Then there’s SFL president Olgilvie, more there for a photo shoot than caring about the game. At least Andy Bennet is a footy person.

A lot of issues do not happen in cricket down there. So it’s definitely not a tassie issue and more a administration issue from head office. It’s no coincidence that tassie has sides in all form of cricket in Australia so gets the support and funding it should. The smoke & mirrors garbage put up by the AFL is gone now. Gutwien has lifted the curtain for all to see.

Tha AFL are not obliged to do anything, yes you can accuse them all you want, but if you don't help yourself, you can't blame the AFL.

How's that north, south war going, serious question, i am not up to speed?
If the keeper of the game is not interested , that just filters down over the years.

There is making money and obsessed with making money and the AFL has become obsessed with making money.
It has become the be all and end all for them
That's it, plus "growth", "expansion", "ratings", etc.

And it's amazing that they have brainwashed so many people into parroting their **** approach to the game - you see them on this site.

I have no doubt that the AFL wouldn't give a **** if the game at the local level in Tassie pretty much died off and the place just became simply a "consumer" (ie TV) state.

They have forgotten that they have a wider role than simply running the AFL comp and drooling over kpi's like the ones I mentioned. They are also there to oversee and promote the health of the game itself.

Etc. Etc.

Apathy is the death of many a venture. It has lacked the fiscal and spiritual input to drive it.
The North South divide has not been the issue in the last 6 years. Truly, footy is on life support here. It is well beyond fighting amongst themselves. Teams fold every year and we all know it is like a another nail in the coffin Regardless of where it is.

I'm only suggesting that you listen to someone who actually knows about the game in Tassie, because you clearly know very little.

About all you seem know about footy there is some big **** fight - and even then you are going to have to head off and look up the details!

Look, all you are doing presently is displaying the level of ignorance shown by many in regards to Tassie, the game there and its bid for an AFL team.

"Listen to someone who knows what's going on there? Whoa, why would I do that? It's better to stay ignorant!!"

So, no, until you start educating yourself, your view on the topic isn't worth much.

Hey, what's that? I thrice used a "?" in this post so, yes, I do know what it means. But thanks anyway. :)
No you don't, if you did, then this post would be a little different.

Now telling me to listen, well, does that mean not to ask questions (?)

Now for what i see on BF all the time, blame, blame, blame, it is always someone elses fault.

Carlton, blame the AFL, they cheated were punished, it's the AFLs fault they are where they are now.
Essendon, It's the AFLs fault.
WA footy, AFLs fault.
St.Kilda, AFLs fault.

If you all want to blame the AFL, go for it, but you won't get far unless you get off your arse and help yourself.

Tassie footy from what i remember is in the state it is in because of the s**t fight they had over there, i may be wrong, but if i am not, then the state of footy over there was not caused by the AFL.

No you don't, if you did, then this post would be a little different.

Now telling me to listen, well, does that mean not to ask questions (?)

Now for what i see on BF all the time, blame, blame, blame, it is always someone elses fault.

Carlton, blame the AFL, they cheated were punished, it's the AFLs fault they are where they are now.
Essendon, It's the AFLs fault.
WA footy, AFLs fault.
St.Kilda, AFLs fault.

If you all want to blame the AFL, go for it, but you won't get far unless you get off your arse and help yourself.

Tassie footy from what i remember is in the state it is in because of the sh*t fight they had over there, i may be wrong, but if i am not, then the state of footy over there was not caused by the AFL.
You forgot Collingwood - "the ball was in".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back