Apple Isle Showdown: Tas Govt threatens to end Hawks, North deals if no plan for 19th side

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the best you can come up with? Which bit of 'I am a Brisbane Lions member 1997-2020' don't you understand?
You posted recently about Oakley, Kennedy, Collins etc. You haven't moved on.

I've been on this site since 2003 and I've seen your posts. It still grinds away at you and you clearly haven't dealt with it.

Not that I blame you, I get that it must have hurt immensely.

But 25 years is a very long time to hold bitterness and grief.

At some stage you have to move on. Otherwise it's like a cancer that just eats away at you.

I understand what is happening here better than you think. I won't say publicly why, but I do.

I'm here privately if you want to talk about it.

I still think you are a prick for questioning my comprehension skills, but I'm here if you want to talk.

Cheers.

Moved on from what?

What I posted was in response to this comment

"You really have to hate two faced pricks. The say one thing to your face, then do the other thing.
Obviously Vlad, but Gil & Jeff also come quickly to mind.
Is that how all 'corporate' wannabes act?"

I've been on this site since 2003 and I've seen your posts.

Mostly educative and correcting misinformation.

It still grinds away at you and you clearly haven't dealt with it.

Gee. You're surprised that I harbour resentment at the underhanded way my club was removed from the AFL it had been a member of for 100 years.

Thanks for the lecture. Havent I told you that I still support my club in the VAFA and the Brisbane Lions in the AFL? How should I "move on"?

At some stage you have to move on. Otherwise it's like a cancer that just eats away at you.

As I said most of my posts here about Fitzroy are educative and correcting misinformation.

I understand what is happening here better than you think. I won't say publicly why, but I do.

You have no idea about what I think.

I still think you are a prick for questioning my comprehension skills, but I'm here if you want to talk.

Then don't misrepresent me or make ill-founded and inaccurate assumptions about what I think. If you do, after I clarify my comments, I can only come to one conclusion.

Last edited:

This is after your lecture on not getting emotion or passion in the game? To a genuine Fitzroy fan? Really?
Hi Wookie, I hope you are doing well.

I was actually coming from the position of a mental health sufferer, you know that thing the the Carlton board thinks to be a thing.

I envy people such as yourself who don't suffer such problems.

Maybe you should speak with ODNs about the topic?

See my most recent post to Roylion, where I offered support, if you didn't think I was genuine there, then we have a bit of a communication issue.

I, more than anyone else, knows how damaging it is to hold on to bitterness. It is cancerous.

People really need to find a way to let go of bitterness mate, else it will destroy you. It's pushed me close to suicide. But it appears that this doesn't suit your narrative.

Cheers.

Moved on from what?

What I posted was in response to this comment

"You really have to hate two faced pricks. The say one thing to your face, then do the other thing.
Obviously Vlad, but Gil & Jeff also come quickly to mind.
Is that how all 'corporate' wannabes act?"

Mostly educative and correcting misinformation.

Gee. You're surprised that I harbour resentment at the underhanded way my club was removed from the AFL it had been a member of for 100 years.

Thanks for the lecture. Havent I told you that I still support my club in the VAFA and the Brisbane Lions in the AFL? How should I "move on"?

As I said most of my posts here about Fitzroy are educative and correcting misinformation.

Of course you won't.

Then don't misrepresent me or make ill-founded and inaccurate assumptions about what I think. If you do, after I clarify my comments, I can only come to one conclusion.
My offer of support is genuine. I'm sorry you don't recognize that. I know from personal experience how bitterness just eats you up. Take care mate.

Let go of the bitterness, it's destroying you.

Most amusing. Changing tack now are we? If it will reassure you, I sleep very well at night.

Tasmania will have a team at some stage but it's very clear why the AFL wanted to set up a club on the Gold Coast first and why they threw a great deal of money and other incentives at North Melbourne to try and persuade them to relocate to the Gold Coast.

Last edited:
Most amusing. Changing tack now are we? If it will reassure you, I sleep very well at night.
The offer is open ended mate.

I'm sorry that you regard care and kindness as being so offensive. One day you wlll desperately need and crave it and because of your attitude it won't be there. And you will think - "why?".

Well, it's pretty bloody obvious why.

Well, it's pretty bloody obvious why.

Well yeah. Of course it's obvious. It's very clear why the AFL wanted to set up a club on the Gold Coast first and why they threw a great deal of money and other incentives at North Melbourne to try and persuade them to relocate to the Gold Coast.

Just to The_Wookie and Roylion I'll give a bit of a basic explanation.

My mental health issues, amongst other shitty things, give me a terribly overinflated sense of right/wrong and justice/injustice. It's a ****ing curse, I tell you, and it drives me to the edge.

Now, I am not using this as an excuse for my posting, rather as an explanation.

I'd love to be "normal" and "perfect" like you two, but I'm not. I'm terribly flawed.

But I'll tell the two of you this - I'm ****ing full on for what I consider to be right.

Well yeah. Of course it's obvious. It's very clear why the AFL wanted to set up a club on the Gold Coast first and why they threw a great deal of money and other incentives at North Melbourne to try and persuade them to relocate to the Gold Coast.
Here for you champ.

I've been on this site since 2003 and I've seen your posts. It still grinds away at you and you clearly haven't dealt with it.

Not that I blame you, I get that it must have hurt immensely.

Cheers.

I haven’t forgiven the afl and their stalking horses for trying to screw hawthorn over and they didn’t succeed. The paranoia runs deep.

They sent the lions name to brisbane but blocked them from cultivating Tasmania themselves. If they hadn’t, this conversation would be very different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They sent the lions name to brisbane but blocked them from cultivating Tasmania themselves. If they hadn’t, this conversation would be very different

There would have been a high probability that Fitzroy would have eventually relocated to Tasmania, just as we know they were prepared to play eight home games in Canberra for the 1996 season after striking a deal with a number of sporting bodies in that city.

I commented on supporters folliowing an interstate team?

What's that got to do with "Your 'my loss is greater than yours' rings hollow."?

You run the 2006 numbers as if they prove anything.They were a picture at a point of time, & plenty has happened since then, e.g there are more non CBD teams/members.

I haven’t forgiven the afl and their stalking horses for trying to screw hawthorn over and they didn’t succeed. The paranoia runs deep.

Lost me on the bolded part.

No doubt the AFL have a plan that they dont share.

You run the 2006 numbers as if they prove anything.

They suggest that many supporters won't follow their team interstate if they move. Either through a relocation or merger. To Tasmania, Canberra or wherever. Which was my point.

The "Your 'my loss is greater than yours' rings hollow." comment in that context is nonsensical.

Last edited:

Spare us the armchair psychology. You may be suffering from mental health issues, and I wish you the best in managing it and recovery, but you're projecting your own issues onto Roylion. Not only that, you're gaslighting them by continually insisting they have a problem when you have no personal offline experience of them to make such a judgement, and possibly no professional experience or qualifications either, but correct me if I'm wrong there. It comes across as faux-concern trolling by you.

If it makes anyone feel any better, at least your president isn't a prehistoric Liberal mouthpiece holding a gun to the head of your football club.

Spare us the armchair psychology. You may be suffering from mental health issues, and I wish you the best in managing it and recovery, but you're projecting your own issues onto Roylion. Not only that, you're gaslighting them by continually insisting they have a problem when you have no personal offline experience of them to make such a judgement, and possibly no professional experience or qualifications either, but correct me if I'm wrong there. It comes across as faux-concern trolling by you.

Reckon there are few posters getting off track from the what the forum is - apple isle showdown tas govt threatens to end hawks north deals if no plan for 19th side.

I for one am happy for my State govt to end the deals with Hawthorn and North Melbourne.

You sure like to use fancy words faux-concern trolling wtf 😃

Reckon there are few posters getting off track from the what the forum is - apple isle showdown tas govt threatens to end hawks north deals if no plan for 19th side.

I for one am happy for my State govt to end the deals with Hawthorn and North Melbourne.

Couldn't agree more.

feeding the same animal that bites seems to have run its race in the eyes of many.

I sure hope so.

Reading Matt Rendell's comment this morning.

Typical AFL hanger on with no idea.

They suggest that many supporters won't follow their team interstate if they move. Either through a relocation or merger. To Tasmania, Canberra or wherever. Which was my point.

The "Your 'my loss is greater than yours' rings hollow." comment in that context is nonsensical.

Guess it reflected a replay of conversations past.

Guess it reflected a replay of conversations past.

The 'relocation' argument/discussion should be directed at the Victorians on BF who seem to like to push the line of 'exporting' either North Melbourne or StKilda.

People outside of the 'homeland' don't seem to want them.

Relocation and a merger are two very different things both have there pros and cons when you look at the Nrl they actually did it quite well with Balmain and west’s and st George -Illawarra both have got very good support from both sides of the clubs especially when you compare it to Fitzroy and Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back