Apr 1, 2013
Somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC, Arsenal FC,
I grabbed this little beast yesterday.

s42sg-sbbk-detail_GEO_US

It's been less than a day of using it, but I must say I'm impressed. App development is in its infancy for the product, however the scope for improvement over the next few months looks to be significant. In terms of working in tandem with your phone, applications work remarkably well and are useful.

One of the major reasons I bought the watch was due to its many ways of being able to tell the time. There are a range of clock faces to select from, ranging from chronographs, to simple and elegant, to a large digital face for a sportier look. You can customise colour, add other applications, such as weather, activity logs, a stopwatch, the date and the moon phase, and make the clock face more or less complicated (in terms of dials) as you see fit. Of course there is room for improvment, however the beauty of technology is that it can be updated.

I got the 42mm Watch Sport with a black rubber band and matte black body (priced at $579), which I want to double as a sport watch/everyday watch (which means I'll only use my nicer watches when I head out). When comparing it to the offerings from Samsung, Motorola and LG, it is at the pricer end of the market, ranging from the $499 38mm Watch Sport, right up to the $24,000 38mm 18-carat Yellow Gold Watch Edition, with a red leather and Yellow Gold buckle. There is mid-spec line called simply Watch, with prices starting at around the $1000 mark.

I'll give it an initial rating of 8.5/10.

Pricing and specifications can be found here: http://www.apple.com/au/watch/

I'm not an Apple fan so the Apple Watch doesn't appeal to me anyway, but much like the Android wear they seem more like a small phone attached to your wrist instead of a smartwatch. Personally I think they should be like a watch, something simple where you can just look down and see/access information easily, instead of having to wake the device up and scroll/swipe through screens. Having to charge a watch every day or two is a little ridiculous too.

I've got a Pebble Time Steel on the way at the moment
TechStage_Top-Teaser-8d84b7f5c8bbe697.jpeg

It's simple, it's waterproof, it lasts 10 days on a single charge, the screen is always on, and it's expandable using custom "smartstraps" that 3rd parties are playing with now.

This is me

image.jpg

I want to grab the new brown leather classic as well, plus maybe the Milanese.

I've had it for a few months now and love it, just the little things it does.

I fly a bit so I have the Qantas one, when there are gate changes or other important updates I get a live notification.

Receiving texts and Facebook messenger messages, eBay updates, even checking footy scores.

The device has a ridiculous amount of potential and I can't wait to see what else comes along especially now that it will be opened up to 3rd party developers to offer native apps.

Anyone else have one of these and any comments to share? I'm considering buying one this week. My job now involves getting lots of phone calls and messages, often at very annoying times and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm sick of always having to stop what I'm doing and reach in to my pocket for my phone.

Are there other smart watches that are better, and pair with iPhone 6s?

Anyone else have one of these and any comments to share? I'm considering buying one this week. My job now involves getting lots of phone calls and messages, often at very annoying times and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm sick of always having to stop what I'm doing and reach in to my pocket for my phone.

Are there other smart watches that are better, and pair with iPhone 6s?

It's not cheap but it's worth it.

This is coming from someone that's made the switch back to Apple from Android, and had the the LG G4, LG Watch Urbane combo.

Pretty much any Android Watch should pair with an iPhone via the Android Wear app. https://www.android.com/intl/en_au/wear/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back