Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Means a potential place in the round 1 team. You are talking about 2 players who are not currently best 22. If one can stand out in the pre season they are a good chance to get that round 1 spot . Then the real stuff begins.

Only really pay Attention when Pre-Season Games Start

I rate Shaz (although not as much as I once did), but he’ll be behind Murphy by round 1, IMO. He’s no longer best 22, for us, and at 24 I think we’ve seen everything he’s got unless he gets more creative ball in hand.

Could be playing for his Career this season

I rate Shaz (although not as much as I once did), but he’ll be behind Murphy by round 1, IMO. He’s no longer best 22, for us, and at 24 I think we’ve seen everything he’s got unless he gets more creative ball in hand.
That's pretty much my view too. Very competent AFL footballer - extremely clean and composed and reads it well, but lacks intent with and without the footy. I live in hope that he can start to play with more intent with the footy. But it's blind hope as I've barely seen him choose an attacking option in his time at the club. Maybe if he gets the decent run he's been cruelly denied, he'll start to play with more confidence and show that he can pull the trigger and get us moving, but I'll remain a skeptic until I see it, as the few VFL games I've seen him in, he's played in the same conservative style with the footy.

That's pretty much my view too. Very competent AFL footballer - extremely clean and composed and reads it well, but lacks intent with and without the footy. I live in hope that he can start to play with more intent with the footy. But it's blind hope as I've barely seen him choose an attacking option in his time at the club. Maybe if he gets the decent run he's been cruelly denied, he'll start to play with more confidence and show that he can pull the trigger and get us moving, but I'll remain a skeptic until I see it, as the few VFL games I've seen him in, he's played in the same conservative style with the footy.

Sound like plays like his Mate Aish then

Sound like plays like his Mate Aish then
Aish was always an interesting one, becasue he came to the AFL with a reputation of extreme creativity. He even looked like it would translate in his first year at Brissy, but then he went into his shell. I reckon Aish is more likely to become a dangerous user as we've at least seen some glimpses. Every now and then he'd pull off a hit up into forward 50 that was sublime.

Scharenberg is an outstanding mark. I don't know whether Murphy is or not. Having a few conservative ball users is no bad thing. Howe often bites off too much, but is such a penetrating kick that you don't want him to stop. Langdon has often been criticized for holding onto the ball too long looking for the best option. Mayne is usually conservative, while Phillips goes for broke. Maynard goes for the maximum. Crisp is always looking for the most attacking option. Roughead is mostly not attacking, but Dunn is the opposite. We need them all. To have a backline filled with tearaway attackers is a recipe for failure.

Scharenberg is an outstanding mark. I don't know whether Murphy is or not. Having a few conservative ball users is no bad thing. Howe often bites off too much, but is such a penetrating kick that you don't want him to stop. Langdon has often been criticized for holding onto the ball too long looking for the best option. Mayne is usually conservative, while Phillips goes for broke. Maynard goes for the maximum. Crisp is always looking for the most attacking option. Roughead is mostly not attacking, but Dunn is the opposite. We need them all. To have a backline filled with tearaway attackers is a recipe for failure.
Yep, but if you're a safe defender, you'd want to have the physical attributes to blanket the dangerous forwards. With his attributes, he's fringe unless he can successfully attack.

Yes the 'Lad' from Nicks was there also and quite annoyed with the club after having travelled all the way from Warburton.
Yeah, especially since it states on the website they were training today. They should have mentioned something previously, that they wouldn't be training today because they trained lightly on monday and heavily on Tuesday.

But I did bump into some staff on the way home, that they will be training on Friday.

I went to training for one of my few times for the year. The girl in the office had said that they will be training. I had to travel over half an hour to get there. I was livid to be honest. That girl should be fired for misdirecting people. I spoke with someone else also given the same info as me. Eventually Boyd came and and mentioned that Friday was the day to come.

The fans are treated with disdain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to training for one of my few times for the year. The girl in the office had said that they will be training. I had to travel over half an hour to get there. I was livid to be honest. That girl should be fired for misdirecting people. I spoke with someone else also given the same info as me. Eventually Boyd came and and mentioned that Friday was the day to come.

Probably a bit dramatic. People make mistakes.

Yeah, especially since it states on the website they were training today. They should have mentioned something previously, that they wouldn't be training today because they trained lightly on monday and heavily on Tuesday.

But I did bump into some staff on the way home, that they will be training on Friday.

Media Team are Quite Poor

Someone should lose their job because they made a mistake about informing you of training times?

EFA. He’ll get a shot somewhere else if things don’t work out for him , but yeah I feel like it’s 2020 or bust at Collingwood.
I remember reading a whisper that North were sniffing at Scharenberg last trade period when they missed out on Dougal Howard. Considering the speculation that he was looking for other opportunities I'm surprised nothing came of it.

Probably a bit dramatic. People make mistakes.

Reminds me of the story doing the rounds of some douche trying to out a Target employee for not selling an electric toothbrush at the advertised price, ¢1, when it normally retails at $90-150 USD... Both examples were clearly mistakes. Leave it at that.

Someone should lose their job because they made a mistake about informing you of training times?
Yeah sounds like an overreaction but when you are in the moment and have organised your day around this it is bloody frustrating. The girl could have at least checked. Other people rang. They like your money for membership but should cater to the fans for training and so on.

I get the impression that it’s you who doesn’t rate Scharenberg and you’re hoping that Murphy will leapfrog him rather than the coaches.

His point about how he is rated internally vs how this board rates him is fair though I think. On the occassions Shaz was dropped/not recalled last year this board went into meltdown as if some extreme injustice was taking place, when I think the reality was he just wasn't up to scratch. I think if he intends to roll out the same level of performance as he did last year, he'll definitely find himself being overtaken by someone like Murphy. He needs some growth in his game this year for him to stay best 22 IMO.

Yeah sounds like an overreaction but when you are in the moment and have organised your day around this it is bloody frustrating. The girl could have at least checked. Other people rang. They like your money for membership but should cater to the fans for training and so on.
It's still an overreaction. Sounds like she was a basic admin girl so she probably isn't sitting there thinking "hahah, this loser paid membership fees so now I'm gonna take his money and run."

Think it through. She gets the sack, then applies for another job. The potential employer asks why she lost her job at the Collingwood Football Club and all she can say was "I mistakenly gave a member of the public some incorrect information which altered his schedule."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back