Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a good read, not sure about the Treloar stuff near the end. He is a bad kick, his disposal efficiency might be similar to Gaff due to handballs. I haven't bothered to check if thats accurate but Treloar is certainly a poor kick.

When Adams and Wills came in I thought Treloar use of ball Imporved as he was not the In and Under Midfielder and get in more space to give him more time to use the Ball better

Be interesting to see how AT’s kicking will go this year. It will always come under speculation. Remember reading an article saying after his double hammy tear, it may well take him two years to get the power back into his legs. Hopefully see him back to full power running into the 50 kicking those long goals.

Last edited:

As someone that thinks part of the board overrate Langdon in response to the part that underrate him I definitely see your take as sitting on the underrating range of that scale.

Letting him walk would have been a poor list management call with Shaz and Dunn rehabbing knees, Howe pushing 30, Moore’s season crushed by hamstring issues, Roughead recruited as ruck depth and Murphy with 2 games under his belt. Moving forward things are murkier, but at the time we had to invest in re-signing him.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is so good that we kept him and for unders compared to what Melbourne and the Lions offered. They offered more money AND years.

Jamie looks like he is happy that he stayed a Pie. He may also have a new girlfriend for all we know.
I'd be smiling if I thought I would be running out playing for Collingwood in 2020. Not sure my wife (hence me) would be happy if I had a new girlfriend but she makes me smile too.

Also, imagine the sh1t look he would have if Melbourne ended up his destination. I never thought he would leave, had faith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could he go on LTI and Free up Another Rookie spot?
I'd say we could only recruit another player and add him to our (Rookie) list if Varcoe's injury was set to sideline him for the entire season (which doesn't seem likely at this stage). We could put a player with a significant injury on the LTI and replace him with one of the Cat. B Rookies, but that would be for someone we are expecting to play again in a couple of months time.

Edit: This seems to cover the situation well enough:
1578979119219.png

Last edited:
I'd say we could only recruit another player and add him to our (Rookie) list if Varcoe's injury was set to sideline him for the entire season (which doesn't seem likely at this stage). We could put a player with a significant injury on the LTI and replace him with one of the Cat. B Rookies, but that would be for someone we are expecting to play again in a couple of months time.

Edit: This seems to cover the situation well enough:
View attachment 805740

You'd imagine Keane, Madgen and Wilson are all watching on with interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back