Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I can separate the two and my stance is purely to highlight the double standard that I see, but I can certainly understand if you feel that way. My main point is to emphasise that our leaders needed to be better today, IMO. With Buckley about to appear on footy classified we’ll finally get something at least.

Not everyone has lot of Money that they can just Waste on Nothing. Some Can but Some Can't Either

Not everyone has lot of Money that they can just Waste on Nothing. Some Can but Some Can't Either

As someone covering both a mortgage and rent I’m pretty aware of the financial pressures this illness will cause. Given my occupation I’m also acutely aware of the importance of continuing my membership so I’ll do that as long as I possibly can.

Richmond players told they will play tomorrow night. Not yet confirmed by AFL but looks like we might be seeing the boys run out Friday night!

As someone covering both a mortgage and rent I’m pretty aware of the financial pressures this illness will cause. Given my occupation I’m also acutely aware of the importance of continuing my membership so I’ll do that as long as I possibly can.

Can IF you want and I am not against people doing that but I feel the Opposite.

Unless they give People who paid for Memberships this year a Free One next year

Can IF you want and I am not against people doing that but I feel the Opposite.

Unless they give People who paid for Memberships this year a Free One next year
As a not for profit organisation, the club couldn’t do that without slashing other programs that they’re running with that revenue. I understand that you feel ripped off, and you’re within your rights to ask for a refund for this year if you want imo, but what you’re suggesting here would cost millions and be financially crippling for the club.

As a not for profit organisation, the club couldn’t do that without slashing other programs that they’re running with that revenue. I understand that you feel ripped off, and you’re within your rights to ask for a refund for this year if you want imo, but what you’re suggesting here would cost millions and be financially crippling for the club.

I thought we had a Ton of money thru Sponsers.

Plus I not saying everyone has to do it but People who need that Money might want it back.

The AFL Should do something as well to help that not just Clubs

I thought we had a Ton of money thru Sponsers.

Plus I not saying everyone has to do it but People who need that Money might want it back.

The AFL Should do something as well to help that not just Clubs

And what if the AFL doesn't do anything to help? I get the fundamentals of paying for something and expecting a service but these are extraordinary times. The mantra of side by side should ring true and I would have thought that if members had the spare cash to renew their membership at the end of last year, why not view it as a sort of donation to keep the club afloat? Just because clubs like Collingwood and Richmond are better off financially than clubs like St Kilda or North doesn't mean they won't feel the pinch hugely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what if the AFL doesn't do anything to help? I get the fundamentals of paying for something and expecting a service but these are extraordinary times. The mantra of side by side should ring true and I would have thought that if members had the spare cash to renew their membership at the end of last year, why not view it as a sort of donation to keep the club afloat? Just because clubs like Collingwood and Richmond are better off financially than clubs like St Kilda or North doesn't mean they won't feel the pinch hugely.

Not everyone has that Spare Cash to throw money away.

Well the AFL can help keep them alive like they have been

The AFL doesn’t have an endless supply of cash either. Yes, they financially support a few clubs, but don’t just assume they can afford to do that for all 18.

Wed March 18th, 2020.

Everyone was present except for Langdon. The rehab group consisted off Treloar, Murphy, Shaz, Greenwood, Varcoe. Who were all on a restricted program. Most were doing running sessions, Varcoe and Greenwood later did a bit different stuff.

They were in blacks and white, but then they split into two groups and you got a feeling who would be up for selection. Blacks was the best 22 players, and whites was the reserves, but in the main group there was a couple extra whites included. Wills. Tyler Brown. Daicos and Madgen all included.

There was some line drills, separated in groups. Then match sim.

I was chatting to Mitch Cleary on the hill near the glasshouse, as we tried to work out selection stuff and if round 1 would go ahead.

There was a rev up with the boys. They don't know boundaries lol

After the main ones went inside, the rest of the whites did extra work, probably since there is no VFL so they won't be able to play any games, when they weren't selected. In this group it contained Sier, Quaynor, Atu, Kelly, Lynch, Cameron, the draftees (even though Rantall did go inside with the others -- interestingly).

As we know. Tyler Brown will debut. Bring on Friday.

Wed March 18th, 2020.

Everyone was present except for Langdon. The rehab group consisted off Treloar, Murphy, Shaz, Greenwood, Varcoe. Who were all on a restricted program. Most were doing running sessions, Varcoe and Greenwood later did a bit different stuff.

They were in blacks and white, but then they split into two groups and you got a feeling who would be up for selection. Blacks was the best 22 players, and whites was the reserves, but in the main group there was a couple extra whites included. Wills. Tyler Brown. Daicos and Madgen all included.

I was chatting to Mitch Cleary on the hill near the glasshouse, as we tried to work out selection stuff and if round 1 would go ahead.

After the main ones went inside, the rest of the whites did extra work, probably since there is no VFL so they won't be able to play any games, when they weren't selected. In this group it contained Sier, Quaynor, Atu, Kelly, Lynch, Cameron, the draftees (even though Rantall did go inside with the others -- interestingly).

Did Adams and Pendles train?

You threw that money away last year when you thought you'd get games out of it.

I don't know your personal circumstances Dave, so I apologise if I'm out of line but would you be demanding a refund saying you need the cash had you still been able to attend the games?

We're all in the same boat here. A lot of us have paid for memberships.

Wed March 18th, 2020.

Jen, any clue what Murphy's issue was?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back