Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not in the seniors he isn't, he always plays HF and can't get a kick, if he can't get a game forward then he sure as hell won't get a game in the midfield, who does he replace?
His profile on the Collingwood site says he is a midfielder, and that's where he has been training. They played him out of position in the VFL, as mid is where he does his best work.
But who knows. if more injuries come, he could be called upon.

Not in the seniors he isn't, he always plays HF and can't get a kick, if he can't get a game forward then he sure as hell won't get a game in the midfield, who does he replace?
Not sure if Wills, Phillips, Mayne or Sier would get a game as a forward, but they're in contention for midfield spots.
Personally, I think Broomhead is a good footballer, but in terms of AFL, I don't think he is strong enough in any area to compensate for his lack of size.

Hard to see him getting a game ahead of Elliot, Stephenson and Thomas, but could be good back up if he is able to stay fit

Plays in the middle. Always plays his best there. Or on a wing.

I'm thinking Mayne, Philips (jus because of the shortened quarters) and Wills might make way. Or Treloar if he's injured. But you know, seriously, the Broom has a long way to go to get those places.

Unfortunately, for the pies;
I think Tom Langdon will retire. It's now been about a year since he was injured with that knee.
Ben Reid, Varcoe, Greenwood, Dunn prob all will retire

Beams will be.. worked out and gone.

Broomhead. Delisted.
Anton Tohil. Delisted (and prob goes back to Ireland)

Not sure if Wills, Phillips, Mayne or Sier would get a game as a forward, but they're in contention for midfield spots.
Personally, I think Broomhead is a good footballer, but in terms of AFL, I don't think he is strong enough in any area to compensate for his lack of size.

I reckon his touch and skill are elite -- those soft hands inside are great, and his kicking is A-grade, if not super-long.

I think he is a good VFL player in the midfield who always plays forward in the seniors and struggles, the problem is he will never get a consistant run at playing midfield in the seniors so he either works on his forward craft or just delist. There is nothing to suggest he can play seniors and isn't anywhere near the class of the players you mentioned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players I reckon that be good as gone at Seasons end are:

- Reid
- Beams
- Langdon
- Varcoe
- Madgen
- Dunn

Players that are in Real Chance of Going:

- Broomhead
- Scharanberg
- Tohill
- Greenwood
- Thomas
- Bosenavulagi
- Lynch
- Wills
- Sier

I think he is a good VFL player in the midfield who always plays forward in the seniors and struggles, the problem is he will never get a consistant run at playing midfield in the seniors so he either works on his forward craft or just delist. There is nothing to suggest he can play seniors and isn't anywhere near the class of the players you mentioned
I think he could play the role that Noble was playing at the end of last year. That's where I'd be trialling him.

Is there something to the Mihocek foot soreness? Someone on Twitter made noises about his father and brother having bad foot issues that hampered their footy playing.

Is there something to the Mihocek foot soreness? Someone on Twitter made noises about his father and brother having bad foot issues that hampered their footy playing.

Guess that is a Possibility it be Related

Players I reckon that be good as gone at Seasons end are:

- Reid
- Beams
- Langdon
- Varcoe
- Madgen
- Dunn

Players that are in Real Chance of Going:

- Broomhead
- Scharanberg
- Tohill
- Greenwood
- Thomas
- Bosenavulagi
- Lynch
- Wills
- Sier
You’re putting Madgen in the good as gone category despite him being selected for round 1 with nearly a full list to choose from?

Interesting...

You’re putting Madgen in the good as gone category despite him being selected for round 1 with nearly a full list to choose from?

Interesting...

Yes. I just don't Rate him Very Highly and it's his last year on Cat-B Rookie and IF list are made Smaller then even less chance he stays

That's clearly not how the club feels.

Fit and available.. with others sitting out due to injury.. others who have yet to play a game.. he's an obvious choice to play.. but I don't think he's good enough.

I think the ground swallows him up in the open.. his only refuge is dishing it off in close quarters. Lacks the presence of a Crisp or a Maynard.. he's half the player.

Lacks conviction out in the open. Almost looks like he's looking to be nurtured.. take 2 or 3 steps clearly.. then he's all at sea.. like there's a panic brain switch that goes off.. overawed by the space.. the grass.. the crowd.. dunno.. just doesn't have it.

Trade bait or a delisting for mine.

Last edited:
Yes. I just don't Rate him Very Highly and it's his last year on Cat-B Rookie and IF list are made Smaller then even less chance he stays
He was selected ahead of both Scharenberg and Murphy for round 1. You might not rate him but the club pretty clearly clearly do if they’re willing to promote him ahead of senior listed players, particularly given Scharenberg has proven he has the goods when given an extended run in the seniors.

He was selected ahead of both Scharenberg and Murphy for round 1. You might not rate him but the club pretty clearly clearly do if they’re willing to promote him ahead of senior listed players, particularly given Scharenberg has proven he has the goods when given an extended run in the seniors.

Then IF that is the Case than Scharnberg is good as Gone then and Murphy Nurture even Re-Signing to 2022 future is not Secured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back