Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I saw of Scharenberg on Friday, he has neither got bigger or smaller. Perhaps a tad more toned in the arms.

But he did look really fit. Got through the session well and ran hard.

I think given the history of knee and foot issues he has had, the club would be somewhat hesitant to bulk him up too much because it would put more weight on the knees. I'm not a sports scientist, but it would make logical sense.

I think his biggest issue has been speed and endurance. So putting too much weight on him is not going to help that. At 190cm, he also is never going to be a monster key defender, so i think a slimmer more agile Scharenberg is the way to go.

He was playing a key back role at training, but Roughead, Howe and Moore were all on the other team, as well as Magden. So it was perhaps out of more necessity. I personally think he slots into that '4th tall' role, which is similar to what Langdon was doing. He is a terrific intercept mark like Langdon.

Langdon is far quicker, and also a lot bigger in the body so competes better on the taller forwards. But Scharenberg is a better and more reliable kick of the footy. So it trades off.

Where Scharenberg needs to take his game is to be far more attacking with the ball. He can't just keep taking the easy option. He needs to actually start ripping games open with his footskills. Otherwise, I feel that we will always opt for a smaller running half back instead.

With Aish gone, and Greenwood and Langdon out of the side indefinitely, there is no doubt a spot open. It would be a risk to play both Noble and Quaynor as both are so young. So Shaz can earn his spot if he works hard enough.

I didnt attend this morning. Thought it was gonna thunderstorm, but hasn't started yet lol But I'll go on Wed and Friday. Did anyone else go?
I thought the exact same thing and gave it a miss due to the forecast predicting thunderstorms all morning. I don’t see any thunderstorms though yet 😂😂

I thought the exact same thing and gave it a miss due to the forecast predicting thunderstorms all morning. I don’t see any thunderstorms though yet 😂😂
I woke up at 8:30.. and considered it. Checked the weather app, but couldn't work out if it was gonna happen. But we're almost 12pm and no thunderstorm yet. Probably in the afternoon/evening haha.

From what I saw of Scharenberg on Friday, he has neither got bigger or smaller. Perhaps a tad more toned in the arms.

But he did look really fit. Got through the session well and ran hard.

I think given the history of knee and foot issues he has had, the club would be somewhat hesitant to bulk him up too much because it would put more weight on the knees. I'm not a sports scientist, but it would make logical sense.

I think his biggest issue has been speed and endurance. So putting too much weight on him is not going to help that. At 190cm, he also is never going to be a monster key defender, so i think a slimmer more agile Scharenberg is the way to go.

He was playing a key back role at training, but Roughead, Howe and Moore were all on the other team, as well as Magden. So it was perhaps out of more necessity. I personally think he slots into that '4th tall' role, which is similar to what Langdon was doing. He is a terrific intercept mark like Langdon.

Langdon is far quicker, and also a lot bigger in the body so competes better on the taller forwards. But Scharenberg is a better and more reliable kick of the footy. So it trades off.

Where Scharenberg needs to take his game is to be far more attacking with the ball. He can't just keep taking the easy option. He needs to actually start ripping games open with his footskills. Otherwise, I feel that we will always opt for a smaller running half back instead.

With Aish gone, and Greenwood and Langdon out of the side indefinitely, there is no doubt a spot open. It would be a risk to play both Noble and Quaynor as both are so young. So Shaz can earn his spot if he works hard enough.

I think there will be a preseason battle between Shaz and Murphy to see who gets first crack. My money is on Murphy, as I get the feeling that the coaches are much more bullish about him.

I think there will be a preseason battle between Shaz and Murphy to see who gets first crack. My money is on Murphy, as I get the feeling that the coaches are much more bullish about him.
Yep. Probably an unpopular opinion, but it shits me watching Shaz chip sideways instead of taking the game on most of the time. Hes a great kick, should exploit it more.

I've just been told, The boys are training tomorrow morning. To make up for the session most missed today. @10AM (and by this, its usually about 9:30am haha)

Do you have some Inside Sources Jen2310 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just been told, The boys are training tomorrow morning. To make up for the session most missed today. @10AM (and by this, its usually about 9:30am haha)
So is that everyone, or just the ones who missed?

murph.PNG
I walked past on the way to the tennis today and a few were training. I saw Murphy running beside Moore and thought that there have been all these arguments about Nathan Murphy's size so here might give you some indication whether he has grown or not.

View attachment 808957
I walked past on the way to the tennis today and a few were training. I saw Murphy running beside Moore and thought that there have been all these arguments about Nathan Murphy's size so here might give you some indication whether he has grown or not.

Mods! This image has been photoshopped.

You honestly believe Murphy will get a crack before Scharenberg?

Dude hasn't played senior football in 18 months.
Murphy’s 3rd season and last was a write off with injury. Gets a full pre season in and he should be ready to stake a claim. It’s time for him. Both he and Shaz will be aiming at early season senior games and will be rivals for similar spots. Won’t surprise to see either of them in the team.

Murphy’s 3rd season and last was a write off with injury. Gets a full pre season in and he should be ready to stake a claim. It’s time for him. Both he and Shaz will be aiming at early season senior games and will be rivals for similar spots. Won’t surprise to see either of them in the team.
I thought that this season coming up is Murphy's 3rd.

So was there training today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back