Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we supposed to know which city Marvel Stadium is in?
FKA Etihad Stadium, FKA Telstra Dome, FKA Colonial Stadium.

Always just referred to it as the Docklands. Had only just stopped calling it the Telstra dome when it transferred from Etihad to Marvel, so I gave up

Ive only seen a few v.short clips but was it probables (black strip) v possibles (white) at training today?

If so, can we draw any conclusions from Sier wearing white?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FKA Etihad Stadium, FKA Telstra Dome, FKA Colonial Stadium.

Always just referred to it as the Docklands. Had only just stopped calling it the Telstra dome when it transferred from Etihad to Marvel, so I gave up
It'll always be Docklands to me. I can't stand that we all go along with the sponsored name and plug whatever company has paid for the naming rights. In terms of footy grounds, Whitten Oval is the only name change worth bowing to.

It'll always be Docklands to me. I can't stand that we all go along with the sponsored name and plug whatever company has paid for the naming rights. In terms of footy grounds, Whitten Oval is the only name change worth bowing to.
Even when I could still make it to games from the Latrobe Valley I refused to go to that sh@tbox.

Ive only seen a few v.short clips but was it probables (black strip) v possibles (white) at training today?

If so, can we draw any conclusions from Sier wearing white?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wouldn’t surprise me - Buckley has a history of picking unbalanced midfields, lacking grunt and size. Don’t know why we are expecting that to change in the off-season.

Now the drama has subsided lol

Tuesday - March 2nd, 2021.

They started late this morning. About 10:15, I think. Unusual. The VFL boys + Adams came out first, did some agility activities and went off to do their own thing for a while before the rest of them came out.

Only player not present was J.Daicos. Maybe Nick locked Josh in his room and took off in his car. He was wearing #7 today. Haha.

Oh, and no Macrae again.

It was Black v White.

Players in the black (home)
  • De Goey
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Tyler Brown
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • Kelly
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • JT
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • WHE
  • Henry
  • Maynard
  • Howe
  • Checkers (didn't participate in it all)
  • Cox

White (away)
  • Rantall
  • Nick Daicos
  • Bianco
  • Wilson
  • Sier
  • Cal (didn't participate in much, very very little)
  • Ruscoe
  • Poulter
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • McCreery
  • Chugg
  • Ginnivan
  • Tohil
  • Madgen
  • Lynch
  • Briskey
  • Greenwood
  • Cameron
  • Dib

Some swapped jumpers later on though
Also some VFL players were in Black and white to fill in numbers

I wouldn't say it was a full on match sim, seemed to be a lighter version of it, focusing on kick ins, stoppages and boundary throw ins.

I know there was a uproar when it was mentioned Sidebottom went off. It was during one of the drills. They referred to it as "games" on the board. I didn't see what happened, I just know he walked off with some trainers. But the club posted he was fine, so might have just a tight back which he has had previously. Players his age know their bodies and more of a precautionary thing. But I get its easy to freak out given our history.

Adams didn't do everything. He spent some time running and doing things with the VFL boys/and Reef and Keane. He did participate in drills and looked alright. I'd say another week. If he doesn't do full training next week, that's when we should be concerned.

Mayne came later and did some running as he comes from his concussion.
Reef and Keane did fair amount of running and some drills they can handle a ball now. Keane looks to have his black arm band off. Reef still has his on. Reef is a week behind Keane, but things progressing well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back