Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

So if T.Brown-McCreery is the only change then it kind of begs the question, what KPI’s are the likes of WHE, C.Brown, Mayne & Madgen actually satisfying to remain in the team?

It’s a mystery to me because to my untrained eye, that quartet is presently contributing very, very little to team performance. “Witches’ Hats” is a adjective that springs to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
WHE I have no idea. Maybe they're giving him a final chance before dropping him for good. C.Brown hasn't been great either but he's younger and just by the sheer nature of being ahead of WHE he stays in for me. I thought Mayne looked pretty good on the weekend before that knock to the face. Was contributing pretty well and didn't look out of place at all imo. After that he was quiet. Madgen is because he is the 7th defender with either Noble or Crisp usually on the wing. Unless you play someone like Greenwood there in the backline.

WHE is the one who really needs to be dropped.

So if T.Brown-McCreery is the only change then it kind of begs the question, what KPI’s are the likes of WHE, C.Brown, Mayne & Madgen actually satisfying to remain in the team?

It’s a mystery to me because to my untrained eye, that quartet is presently contributing very, very little to team performance. “Witches’ Hats” is a adjective that springs to mind.

Mayne and Madgen were good. C Brown improved, pity the missed goal but put on good pressure and id some nice things. WHE should be dropped ahead of Tyler though. Thats who I would have out.

I felt Mayne and Madgen have done enough to hold their spots (albeit the latter was certainly down last week), but I seriously think that for our forwards, the coaches look at pressure acts and nothing else. It’s such a nothing indicator.

Mayne and Madgen were good. C Brown improved, pity the missed goal but put on good pressure and id some nice things. WHE should be dropped ahead of Tyler though. Thats who I would have out.
I agree. I don't think Cal did as bad as some make it out. A whole lot better than WHE.

I felt Mayne and Madgen have done enough to hold their spots (albeit the latter was certainly down last week), but I seriously think that for our forwards, the coaches look at pressure acts and nothing else. It’s such a nothing indicator.

Yep, agreed. My favourite metrics for forwards are goals and marks but I guess that makes me a dinosaur. Ive always thought that kicking a bag of goals is the greatest pressure act any forward can apply to the opposition.

Yep, agreed. My favourite metrics for forwards are goals and marks but I guess that makes me a dinosaur. Ive always thought that kicking a bag of goals is the greatest pressure act any forward can apply to the opposition.

Probably the case in the past, but the role has expanded than kicking goals these days. Its about how much you work within your limits, about the pressure you apply within the F50, about your input to helping the scoreboard, even if it means not doing it yourself.

Ridiculous change if that’s the case. I’m fine with Daicos moving to the wing, but Tyler is part of our future and needs investment, surely we can’t accept the perpetual underperformance from WHE at the expense of getting games into Tyler?

Bucks wants to save his Job so he will play the Old and Vanilla Players instead of Trying the Young Kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh, does anyone look at the team balance down back? Magden and Roughead offer no rebound. We cannot have two bricks down there who play such a limited role.

I agree. I don't think Cal did as bad as some make it out. A whole lot better than WHE.

He is no good as a creative type but he could be a small lock down defender or a run with mid and do roles for the team. He does have speed, agility and goes in hard but he is being played in roles he is not yet capable of and may never be. Our coach lacks imagination re developing players.

He is no good as a creative type but he could be a small lock down defender or a run with mid and do roles for the team. He does have speed, agility and goes in hard but he is being played in roles he is not yet capable of and may never be. Our coach lacks imagination re developing players.
He was drafted as a midfielder, that's where his best position I think is. He has been training a bit there, doing some centre clearances recently.

We play 3 forwards who are incapable of scoring, which leaves us relying on 3 to kick bags. Any wonder we can’t score. Insanity

Bucks wants to save his Job so he will play the Old and Vanilla Players instead of Trying the Young Kids
Imagine the nerve of a senior coach trying to win games and develop kids in the development league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back