Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
The black team had 19 I think. The white team included Pendles, C Brown, Sier and Madgen. I reckon it'll be Cal that drops out.

Cal, Madge and WHE should all be dropped but you just know it'll only be 1 and at most 2 changes.

I really want to see Mcinnes, Macrae etc get debuts in the next month. Cant wait to see Mcreery get a crack at it Sat night. Let's hope he's more ready than what Henry was.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t get the Thomas criticism, he had an impactful games last week. He’s a role player, people forget that. One of his better performances for a while. Given our lack of depth I can’t see him being dropped. I’d give WHE a spell.

Yeah the thing with JT this season ive noticed is that his work rate has been quite strong, he started to find some form last week.

As for Hosky, he's so far out of form it aint funny. Needs a long spell in the magoos.

Captains run.

Started at about 10. Went for 45 mins, the boys, the staff, the netballers, all formed a guard of honour and applauded for the AFLW girls as they did a final training session before they are to fly out to brisbane.

Love this club.

Anyway.

First up the VFL squad was training.

This included the likes of: Rantall, Macrae, Reef, Poulter, Chugg, Ginnivan, Kelly, McMahon, Murphy (no contact top on), Wilson, Lynch, Henry, Tohil, Keane) also.. Tyler Brown.

Which means he has been dropped. For whom? I think it may be the 1 change. Tyler for McCreery. Puts Daicos on the wing, and McCreery in Daicos' spot in the forward line.

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
also.. Tyler Brown.

Which means he has been dropped. For whom? I think it may be the 1 change. Tyler for McCreery. Puts Daicos on the wing, and McCreery in Daicos' spot in the forward line.

Ridiculous change if that’s the case. I’m fine with Daicos moving to the wing, but Tyler is part of our future and needs investment, surely we can’t accept the perpetual underperformance from WHE at the expense of getting games into Tyler?

Ridiculous change if that’s the case. I’m fine with Daicos moving to the wing, but Tyler is part of our future and needs investment, surely we can’t accept the perpetual underperformance from WHE at the expense of getting games into Tyler?
It is a bit strange. I'd omit Mayne if it was a case of the wing position.

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So if T.Brown-McCreery is the only change then it kind of begs the question, what KPI’s are the likes of WHE, C.Brown, Mayne & Madgen actually satisfying to remain in the team?

It’s a mystery to me because to my untrained eye, that quartet is presently contributing very, very little to team performance. “Witches’ Hats” is a adjective that springs to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

well left

Premiership Player
May 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Tyler is actually dropped ahead of Callum, WHE and Thomas then I’m officially done with this coaching group.

I’d have to agree.

I don’t mind Tyler being sent back but not before those you mentioned.

I still think we’re playing him out of position and it’s him or Sier for one inside mid role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Tyler is actually dropped ahead of Callum, WHE and Thomas then I’m officially done with this coaching group.
If they drop him and play him on the wing in the ressies, I'll be shaking me head. But if it is to play him as an inside mid or in a different role altogether, I think it's fine. He's not a wingman.

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
I assume this means Madgen WHE C Brown and Mayne are in possession of some photos of Nathan and Alicia.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Captains run.

Started at about 10. Went for 45 mins, the boys, the staff, the netballers, all formed a guard of honour and applauded for the AFLW girls as they did a final training session before they are to fly out to brisbane.

Love this club.

Anyway.

First up the VFL squad was training.

This included the likes of: Rantall, Macrae, Reef, Poulter, Chugg, Ginnivan, Kelly, McMahon, Murphy (no contact top on), Wilson, Lynch, Henry, Tohil, Keane) also.. Tyler Brown.

That is ridiculous which obviously looks to be the case. How WHE is holding his place is mind boggling. Besides WHE there are a couple of others who also should be counting their lucky stars.
If we lose this match, and WHE and Thomas have minimal impact, then some serious questions need to be asked, and Bucks needs to be put under the griller. I'm getting the impression that Bucks doesn't like change much......

That is ridiculous which obviously looks to be the case. How WHE is holding his place is mind boggling. Besides WHE there are a couple of others who also should be counting their lucky stars.
If we lose this match, and WHE and Thomas have minimal impact, then some serious questions need to be asked, and Bucks needs to be put under the griller. I'm getting the impression that Bucks doesn't like change much......
Surely WHE is on his last legs if he doesn't start making an impact. I think dropping players can be good for them. Go back to work on areas and to re-gain form.

Ken Hinkley has dropped players because he said if players are out of form. They don't play.

We need that attitude.

Back