Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Madgen was named in the interchange and not on the field, I would say Madgen for Ruscoe.
But given he wasn't.. I really have no clue..

Could just be the 1 change. McCreery for De goey.We'll find out soon.
What are your thoughts on Sier? Does he work hard during training?

Seems like everyone is using our facilities, yesterday or the day before it was the Lions and today the Swans. As long it isn’t Port, the Diet Coke of Magpies - they’d steal our jumpers and pass them off as their own, seeing as it is “heritage” and all that.
Port can train at the Old Melbourne Gaol.

Round 17 - Mid week training session - July 7th,

I got there late this morning, as I wanted to be home and get footy tix -- I don't trust my phone with the process since I have a couple barcodes to implement. I arrived there about 10:30. Had a friend waiting who said I didn't miss too much.

They were in rotational groups when I arrived, as per usual.

Out of the injured: Only Daicos, Moore, Tyler and McCreery weren't there.

Out of the playing group. Poulter was the only one not present.

Mayne, IQ, Grundy, Cameron, Elliott, Ginnivan, and Checkers were on light duties, which is not surprising. This happens in these type of sessions. They are on their own program for a time.

McMahon was walking laps from his concussion. Says he will start weights on friday depending on how symptoms are. This was from a knock he got late in the VFL game -- Thanks for that Ollie haha.

There was definitely some focused training on pressure and tackling, Led by Selwood.

Maynard had a knock in a drill, went off, then came back. Bit of sore jaw, hopefully its nothing serious. not a player we want to be getting a concussion or anything.

Reef looked to be back in full training, so as long as things go well Friday, I expect we'll see him play VFL.
Howe looks just about ready as well, so maybe an extra week for him.

Some talk Madgen might have broken Maynard’s jaw in one of the drills today
Hopefully just bad bruising

watching the drills is anybody else wanting the boys to go faster?
How does soft, half paced circle work help them on match day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main session, Round 17. Friday July 9th.

Just got my 2nd Pfizer dose so lets hope I can get through this without my arm getting sore haha.

Good vibes this morning. When I first arrived, some of the rehab boys were out doing some agility work. This was Begg, Howe then followed by Johnston.

The rest followed in their usual B/W tops.

Teams:

White:

• De Goey
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Pendles
  • Adams
  • Cameron
  • Mayne
  • Cal (was black, then turned to white)
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • JT
  • Crisp
  • Murphy
  • WHE
  • Ollie
  • Maynard
  • Checkers
  • Madgen

Black:

• Rantall
  • Bianco
  • Noble
  • Keane
  • Wilson
  • Lynch
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Ginnivan
  • Chugg
  • Sier
  • Howe
  • Tohil

Those not playing match sim:
Roo
Begg
Johnston
Howe

Seems that Johnston and Howe are inching closer to resuming full training. Both of them did most of the drills. Begg was moving very well, very athletic and good shot at goal.

After warming up, they did some warm up drills splitting into three groups. Then came over and did the agility equipment.

I'm hoping Ginni plays, but if not, I don't think he is too far off going by Harveys comments in his press conference. (Note: I noticed he isn't debuting)

McMahon did some walking around, as he goes through the concussion protocols. McCreery made an appearance toward the end of the session as he chatted to some of the boys. No doubt was doing some work inside the gym.

Seems like everyone is using our facilities, yesterday or the day before it was the Lions and today the Swans. As long it isn’t Port, the Diet Coke of Magpies - they’d steal our jumpers and pass them off as their own, seeing as it is “heritage” and all that.
Fine by me. Might make poaching someone easier…

Main session, Round 17. Friday July 9th.

Just got my 2nd Pfizer dose so lets hope I can get through this without my arm getting sore haha.

Good vibes this morning. When I first arrived, some of the rehab boys were out doing some agility work. This was Begg, Howe then followed by Johnston.

The rest followed in their usual B/W tops.

Teams:

White:

• De Goey
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Pendles
  • Adams
  • Cameron
  • Mayne
  • Cal (was black, then turned to white)
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • JT
  • Crisp
  • Murphy
  • WHE
  • Ollie
  • Maynard
  • Checkers
  • Madgen

Black:

• Rantall
  • Bianco
  • Noble
  • Keane
  • Wilson
  • Lynch
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Ginnivan
  • Chugg
  • Sier
  • Howe
  • Tohil

Those not playing match sim:
Roo
Begg
Johnston
Howe

Seems that Johnston and Howe are inching closer to resuming full training. Both of them did most of the drills. Begg was moving very well, very athletic and good shot at goal.

After warming up, they did some warm up drills splitting into three groups. Then came over and did the agility equipment.

I'm hoping Ginni plays, but if not, I don't think he is too far off going by Harveys comments in his press conference. (Note: I noticed he isn't debuting)

McMahon did some walking around, as he goes through the concussion protocols. McCreery made an appearance toward the end of the session as he chatted to some of the boys. No doubt was doing some work inside the gym.

Did Cox take part in training Jen?

Round 18 - Mid week session.

Rehab group arrived out first.

This was Howe, Daicos, McMahon, McCreery, Beggy.
Followed by Roughy and Madgen

The main squad followed thereafter.

Those absent today were;
De Goey
Grundy
Adams
kelly
Moore
Chugg

Tyler popped up briefly. I think he is about to start running.

J.Daicos focused on his running through the whole session. First time on the track since his finger surgery. Has it strapped in black tape.

McMahon running as he works through his concussion.

Reef, Ginni and Ollie also did a fair chunk of running through the whole session, on their own program for today. Johnston did some, but didn't spot him too much.

Beggy was involved in a lot more today than he had previously. Some footy skills, and ball handling work. He is quite athletic and agile for someone his size. Good kick on him also.

There was a good focus today on playing on quickly, which was nice to see.

Big Roo was doing a little kick to kick with Ollie at the goalside for a bit toward the end of the session.

What's with the blue armbands?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back