Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

I slept in and missed training this morning we will find out in a couple hours

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
BEE0E6BD-8EE2-489C-B1F1-7A2AA6B68FE9.jpeg

Yeah I know. Ginnivan shouldn't be in the white, he was named in the starting 18. Hopefully they just needed someone for the other team.
Final team will be interesting, assuming the extended bench is right. From the extended bench, Ruscoe, Noble and Macrae seem like certs. Then you've got Mcreery, Daicos and Bianco all named there.

Final team will be interesting, assuming the extended bench is right. From the extended bench, Ruscoe, Noble and Macrae seem like certs. Then you've got Mcreery, Daicos and Bianco all named there.
Surely they're not gonna drop Macrae.

So 1 spot for three players? plus the sub.

Surely they're not gonna drop Macrae.

So 1 spot for three players? plus the sub.
I think Macrae is a cert to play, Ruscoe too. Considering Noble played half forward last week, I suppose it's possible that they leave him out for one of the other half forwards - but I doubt it.

My money would be on Daicos in if he's ready and Bianco and Mcreery missing out.

Last edited:
I think Macrae is a cert to play, Ruscoe too. Considering Noble played half forward last week, I suppose it's possible that they leave him out for one of the other half forwards - but I doubt it.

My money would be on Daicos in if he's ready and Bianco and Mcreery missing out.
Noble played half forward? I thought it was wing/half back? I thought then he drifted forward when during that play when he was handed that goal.

Alright, who is ready for some secret lockdown training? :D

Round 22 (sniff, almost to the end) main training - August 12th, 2021.

Not a bad winter day. Some sun. Some overcast. Ya know, typical melbourne weather. Took my bike out for a ride. I always regret it the moment I get home and my muscles say "why why did you do that?" Yes, anyway. Training. Here we go.

Nice solid, vocal session this morning. Boys up and about.

Here are the teams.

A(Black)

• De Goey
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Daicos
  • Noble
  • Adams
  • Cameron
  • Ruscoe
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • Crisp
  • McCreery
  • WHE
  • Ginnivan
  • Henry
  • Maynard
  • Mihochek
  • Madgen

B(White)

• Rantall
  • Bianco
  • Wilson
  • Lynch
  • Mayne
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • JT
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Chugg
  • Sier
  • Beggy
  • Johnston
  • Tohil
  • Cox

No Howe (wife is having a baby today) no Keane, no IQ.

Beggy was not used in the ruck. Spent his whole time up forward, usually matched up with Roughy or Maynard/Madgen. They rotated defenders on him.

Tyler run near me with a real solid running session along the boundary on the AAMI Park side of the ground. The trainer put him through his paces to the point he had nothing left in the tank.

He was the only rehab player out there on the ground.
No sign of Cal, Pendles, Moore etc.

They did the usual things. Warm up. Agility. Split into rotational grounds and did some drills.

Before they split off into teams and did their match sim. Followed up by some goal practice. Sprinting. Another half of match sim, more drills, some free time to do what they like and finished off.

There was no announcements on ground that I saw, so if Reef is playing they are announcing it inside.

Daicos on the wing.

Last week of training -- I figured I should take advantage.

Pretty light session with some goal kicking to start off with, then some soccer fun activities. Ball skills. Marking. The usual.

Players absent:
IQ (Illness)
Pendles (Inj)
Keane (gone home)
Lynch
Macrae
Ruscoe (Inj)
Moore (Inj)
WHE
Chugg
Cox (Inj)

Sidebottom and Tay was giving midfield lessons to Jay and Reef.

Did you get the sense that either of them might get a call up this week?
I think Reef is very likely, given the view in recent weeks they wanted to debut him before the end of the season. But we'll see if he is on the extended bench tomorrow and an announcement should come by friday's session.

Back