Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wednesday January 20th.

Quite a light session, as mid-week sessions tend to be.

About half the squad was out there. Including.

• De Goey.
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Tyler Brown
  • Noble
  • Keane
  • Wilson
  • Adams
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Ginnivan
  • Chugg
  • Henry
  • Maynard
  • Howe

*McMahon just dis running sessions.
*Howe also did running sessions, then hang around the goal square.

They were paired off in two groups initially as they played a little soccer amongst themselves. They do this to add in a bit of fun.

They did some other drills. The kick out from defence. They did this at one side of the ground. Usually would contain Roughy, Chugg, Wilson and Maynard. Then another group came down and did the same thing, which included IQ, Noble, Murphy.

Other things they did was, a drill with run on goals. A few other things.

Selwood worked with the draftees in a small group for a while. Ground ball work and contest stuff.

Bucks even participated in one of the drills in defence. Kicking to Chugg.

It was pretty low key.

Chugg is looking more and more impressive every session. He doesn't train like someone who he 18. Maybe its because he had been playing against men for the last 12 months over in Tassie.

Side note: Rene Kink was watching training. I think he does it fairly often. Rode on his bike.
Is Howe changing directions yet, or just running straight lines and laps? Any sprinting or just jogging?

Wednesday January 20th.

• De Goey.
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Tyler Brown
  • Noble
  • Keane
  • Wilson
  • Adams
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Ginnivan
  • Chugg
  • Henry
  • Maynard
  • Howe

They were paired off in two groups initially as they played a little soccer amongst themselves. They do this to add in a bit of fun.

They did some other drills. The kick out from defence. They did this at one side of the ground. Usually would contain Roughy, Chugg, Wilson and Maynard. Then another group came down and did the same thing, which included IQ, Noble, Murphy.

Selwood worked with the draftees in a small group for a while. Ground ball work and contest stuff.

It was pretty low key.

Chugg is looking more and more impressive every session. He doesn't train like someone who he 18. Maybe its because he had been playing against men for the last 12 months over in Tassie.

Side note: Rene Kink was watching training. I think he does it fairly often. Rode on his bike.
Chugg really stood out to me at training last week in the wet. I didn’t think he would get too many mentions but I was certainly happy when he did. He was in all the right spots and disposed of the ball well. For a late pick he’s up there at the front of all the draftees imo.

Chugg really stood out to me at training last week in the wet. I didn’t think he would get too many mentions but I was certainly happy when he did. He was in all the right spots and disposed of the ball well. For a late pick he’s up there at the front of all the draftees imo.
I agree. He seems like a natural.

How was his Ball Use as looked not Crash Hot in his Highlight Package?

Wednesday January 20th.

• De Goey.
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Tyler Brown
  • Noble
  • Keane
  • Wilson
  • Adams
  • Macrae
  • Kelly
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Ginnivan
  • Chugg
  • Henry
  • Maynard
  • Howe

It was pretty low key.

The fact that Rene Link rides a bike down to watch training made my day.

One of my earliest Collingwood memories is of watching him on the old CRT TV and marvelling at how big he looked.

If he does miss the full 12 months, he'll need 3 vfl games to get some match fitness and by then it's almost September and he'll be very rusty
Who the hell are we talking about? Could posters please occasionally refer to a player's name when he is discussed at length to save people like myself having to dive back into previous pages to discover the player behind the posts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back