Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all clubs have the same training schedule. So those that trained today may not have trained on friday. But because we did, they gave them monday off, with tuesday a holiday.
Jen, do you know if training is on tomorrow and what time? Would like to make it if it is.

I think zones and less need for man to man defenders are why the Hawks tried McEvoy in defence - to be an intercept marker. I don't think it's impossible that a better version of Cox could in the future become an intercept marking defender.
For example - Darcy Moore...

Why do they train at 9am when they never play at 9am?
Yeah well it's a good point but I have noticed closer to finals they often move training to night if the match is likely to be at night. Sometimes in the summer it gets really hot in the arvo so they may try to avoid the heat. They do other things after the track like having team meetings and gym work. Maybe they like to hit the gym after training to put back into their bodies what they lost through running.

Yeah well it's a good point but I have noticed closer to finals they often move training to night if the match is likely to be at night. Sometimes in the summer it gets really hot in the arvo so they may try to avoid the heat. They do other things after the track like having team meetings and gym work. Maybe they like to hit the gym after training to put back into their bodies what they lost through running.
They did a training session prior to when they left for the hub in the evening. Might have been for the saints game.

Why don't they just train at night in the summer seeing as most of our games are fri/sat/thurs nights?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a feeling about Briskey... One of my QLD cousins is life long friend of Jack Briskeys dad Peter 'Bones' Briskey... just had it confirmed today... the familiar surname was nagging at me... I vaguely remember Peter who is probably 60 by now... a good 8 years my senior...
Confirmed? That they're gonna list him?

Wed January 27th Training session.

I was surprised there was as many boys out there today, was kinda mixed between a main and a light session. That is they did a little match play, though mainly starting from the exit of D50, plus drills.

Attendance today:

• Rantall​
  • JDG​
  • IQ​
  • Grundy​
  • Elliott​
  • Tyler Brown*​
  • Daicos​
  • Bianco​
  • Noble​
  • Pendles​
  • Wilson​
  • Adams​
  • Cameron​
  • Lynch​
  • Mayne​
  • Cal Brown*​
  • Macrae​
  • Greenwood​
  • Kelly​
  • Ruscoe​
  • Sidebottom​
  • Roughy​
  • Thomas​
  • Crisp​
  • Reef​
  • Poulter​
  • Murphy​
  • McMahon​
  • Moore*​
  • McCreery​
  • WHE​
  • Ginnivan​
  • Chugg​
  • Henry​
  • Sier​
  • Maynard​
  • Howe*​
  • Mihochek*​
  • Tohil​
  • Madgen​
  • Cox​
  • Briskey​
  • (* refers to those that were on modifield programs, who did running, or just hung around like Moore)​

After their usual warm up, they paired off into groups and did some drills. Did a match player that came from kick ins from D50. Some stoppage work, goal kicking, marking from a contest and some ground ball work drills was also being done.

One of the more fun things today, was just hanging out with Rene Kink.

As for training... Here are some footage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back