Apples (The Fruit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck finding them outside of Tassie but Coxes Orange Pippin s**t all over anything else.

Our neighbour in Tas has them - I agree .. they're pretty good.

Nashi (green like a granny) are good (neighbour has them too) and on our own tree - royal gala minis are the bomb!

I can't wait for WA to lift the import restrictions on apples. Currently our growers export their best apples, knowing import restrictions means their average to s**t apples can compete in the market.

The wheels turn slowly here. It was only last year when growing potatoes wasn't a illegal activity outside of the quotas.

CakeEater my home made apple strudel, made with my brother in laws Granny Smiths.

B40D2007-8FB5-4CBB-AD12-ACFB67579858.jpeg

Post jelly please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Don't really eat apples raw. I liked them peeled, sliced, cooked, then left in the fridge overnight. Put a few slices over your cereal in the morning and it becomes one of the better breakfasts going round.

Yeah, raw apples are more of a fetish meal I reckon, as with many fruits.....I can go off bananas for months & then suddenly I'll have the desire to eat 2 or 3 a day for a week.....Then won't look at em again for another few months.

Other times I'll buy bags of navel oranges & go through them like no ones business, then suddenly the desire is gone.....Fruits weird like that.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jazz is the way to go. Stick one in the fridge overnight and dice it up over your cereal in the morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back