Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christ don’t go there. He’s injured more than he plays. Question is why hasn’t he retired.
Why retire when you have a contract?
A contract that guarantees you an amount no matter if you play firsts, seconds or stay sidelined injured.
I certainly wouldn’t walk away. Doubt any of us would.
Plus, as a competitive athelete, I’m sure Wells thinks he can play seniors 2019.

Beams is a worry for mine. 4 year contract I hope it’s not another Wells we have on our hands.
I think you worry too much, TG! Beams has finished in the top-ten in the Brownlow for the last two years, and he's in very fine nick. He's a fair bit younger than Wells was when we recruited him (Wells' last season at North was also a very good one). I think a three-year-deal might have been better from our point of view, but, while we knew we were taking a real risk with Wells, I don't think Beams belongs in the same category.

I think you worry too much, TG! Beams has finished in the top-ten in the Brownlow for the last two years, and he's in very fine nick. He's a fair bit younger than Wells was when we recruited him (Wells' last season at North was also a very good one). I think a three-year-deal might have been better from our point of view, but, while we knew we were taking a real risk with Wells, I don't think Beams belongs in the same category.
Plus Beams missed a lot of footy when he first arrived at Brisbane. That will aid in some longevity.

Plus Beams missed a lot of footy when he first arrived at Brisbane. That will aid in some longevity.
We should be able to expect a few decent years out of him, for sure. TG is a well-respected poster on this board, but he is known for taking a "conservative" approach!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back