Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Chris. I was going to mention Mayne's leadership. He was very vocal indeed. That's something that occured to me as I watched the match sims and I was going to mention it to Albert. Many players were taking on leadership roles. I noticed Murphy directing traffic down back a few times when the ball was at the opposite end. The second match sim in particular was very vocal. Appleby was good I agree and there'll be plenty of selection headaches with so many fit backs ready to roll. BTW the short blonde bloke was from the VFL. I couldn't pick him either and Albert Parker said there were a few VFL boys there today.

Looked like Lachy Tardrew in one of the videos posted.

I asked Albert Parker this question on Monday at training, and I'm interested in other opinions.
If you had to pick one of our defenders, who is our best 'one on one' defender?

Maynard after that GWS semi. Needs to be developed as our next tagger once he gets the planned midfield time and Greenwood retires. Quaynor and Appleby sound like they could develop nicely into the spot Maynard currently occupies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard after that GWS semi. Needs to be developed as our next tagger once he gets the planned midfield time and Greenwood retires. Quaynor and Appleby sound like they could develop nicely into the spot Maynard currently occupies.
Maynard was my pick too. Doesn't get a lot of credit, but there's a lot of upside. Strong, brave and disciplined.

Nay, but I can suggest some good PALliative care.

A friend asked if I could feed her dogs over the holidays.

That would explain the shotgun.

of course they were.

and a tip for the youngsters... if you find yourself forced to attend weight watchers or jenny craig or the like, at the initial weigh-in make sure you have a couple of kilos of sand secreted in your pockets... maybe lead weights would work, too. Just to give you that bit of leeway when push comes to shove after a couple of months.
I went to Jenny Craig's I lost $800 in 6 weeks.

I asked Albert Parker this question on Monday at training, and I'm interested in other opinions.
Oxley

Our games built on team defense so individuals don’t get isolated 1 v 1. It’s the reason why you get such varied opinions with guys like Crisp, Dunn, Maynard, Moore and even Appleby (who would have nominally stood the weakest forward in each game he’s played) all getting a mention.

The genuine defensive battles we had in 2018 were Goldsack v Reiwoldt, Moore v Franklin, Goldsack v Kennedy x 2, Maynard v Greene and Moore v Reiwoldt. Aside from Maynard v Greene the trend there is losses (to either the defender or team), quick ball movement, KP battles and a lack of third in defensive support.

I guess if I were to answer the question it would be that I’m not properly able to identify who it is, it’s only good for bragging rights and it really doesn’t matter who it is which is a win for the coaching group.

FWIW the correct answer is Greenwood because he can shutdown all over the ground :thumbsu:

This chap in the video?:
View attachment 594382
It looks a lot more like Tardrew than Wellings.
View attachment 594383
View attachment 594384
It does look a fair bit like Campbell Lane as well:
View attachment 594387
^ I'd say it looks more like him than Tardrew!

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/vfl/vfl-players-2018
Yes, it is not Wellings, who I had seen at training last week and was identified to me by a staff member.
Agree it looks more like Lane than the others, but I am still not sure.

Maynard was my pick too. Doesn't get a lot of credit, but there's a lot of upside. Strong, brave and disciplined.

At the moment it's Maynard. Obviously there is the Greene job he did, but he also did a job on Eddie Betts earlier in the year too.

I think when it comes to the monster forwards, Lynden Dunn is our best. I reckon he was our biggest loss structurally last year as we really don't have any other genuine 'Full Backs' on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back