AFLW Appointments and Recruiting - list in OP - now includes all recruits (updated 17/11)

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-20/meg-hutchins-joins-pies-under-new-womens-rules

The priority selection breakdown allows Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle to pre-sign one player who has an association with the club. Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions can each pre-sign two players, while Greater Western Sydney has the option of four.

The eight clubs also can each list two rookies (players new to the code or who have not been registered in organised football competition over the past three seasons).

The rest of the clubs' player lists will be completed at the AFL women’s draft in mid-October.

Lethlean confirmed the Giants and Dockers would each be granted an additional priority selection to compensate for long-term knee injuries to their respective marquee players, Renee Forth and Kiara Bowers.

Phanthom

Draftee
Aug 23, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Im putting together a list of known appointments to the various AFL clubs that have obtained licenses for 2017. If you've anything to add or correct, please let me know.

Adelaide
Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Greater Western Sydney
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Im putting together a list of known appointments to the various AFL clubs that have obtained licenses for 2017. If you've anything to add or correct, please let me know.

Adelaide
Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Greater Western Sydney
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Great to see the womens game tracking along nicely I will soon shortly post a phantom draft of the top 80 Womens VFL Players who will most likely get drafted into the league ( Victorian clubs if nominated)

Phanthom

Draftee
Aug 23, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Also In lastest Women Football news Ellie Blackburn cleared to play against old club Melbourne in her debut for the western bulldogs

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Am I missing any Women's AFL appointments?

9s7zud.png

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cool, I'll fix it up as time goes by. Is Andrew McKay the Blues Football Ops for the M, W or both?

Last edited:

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ok. You said Ops Manager. Is Football Administration Manager the same thing? It seems some of these clubs are taking their time filling positions.

Last edited:

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Melbourne the only team without a coach?

Has Stephanie Chiocci been officially appointed Bulldogs captain or did I just make that up, or assume it?

EDIT: given that Steph is the captain in next week's game against Melbourne, she probably is the 2017 captain.

Last edited:

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League

Has Stephanie Chiocci been officially appointed Bulldogs captain or did I just make that up, or assume it?

EDIT: given that Steph is the captain in next week's game against Melbourne, she probably is the 2017 captain.
She is selected in the exhibition game, but she isn't a marquee player, so if she isn't a priority pick, she may not even end up a Bulldog. Although she probably will be picked up.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
op updated

Adelaide
Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Greater Western Sydney
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

Last edited:

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hmmmm, maybe you're right and she's just captain for the exhibition games. I'll see what I can find.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League

Emma Kearney has been picked up as the priority pick, so Steph is a reasonable chance of going somewhere else.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
And the Crows have signed Cramey from SA and Foley from NT. Neither is a surprise. It means a team that was looked at having a thin local talent pool has got 3 out of state signings in the first 4.

Back