AFLW Appointments and Recruiting - list in OP - now includes all recruits (updated 17/11)

Remove this Banner Ad

for some reason I had her given name as Michelle, but anyways ... is it only me who had never had the thought "the running patterns in footy and ultimate frisbee are similar"?

Last edited:

I was at the Mens VFL final between Essendon and WB and I caught the end of the Women's final between Melb Uni and Stkilda which was played frist. Phillips kicked a set shot goal from the pocket 35 meter out. Was very impressive.

I believe her sister, Michelle, plays for Diamond Creek.
Aha, hence my confusion.

aflwrookies.png

Just some observations and questions.
Is Western Bulldogs the only team not to have a Priority Pick.

Will Tasmania players be the wild card. Originally was allocated to GWS but rescinded.

Will Abbey Holmes play for Adelaide as part of the NT or pick a Melbourne based team.

Lauren Motlop what will her status be for Adelaide with her withdrawing from AFLNT State Academy due to nightclub altercation and Academy relationship to Adelaide NT team

Hoping Adelaide select Sophia Mauboy so the can celebrity spot sister. Central Districts in SANFL had Goodrem.

Just some observations and questions.
Is Western Bulldogs the only team not to have a Priority Pick.

Will Tasmania players be the wild card. Originally was allocated to GWS but rescinded.

Will Abbey Holmes play for Adelaide as part of the NT or pick a Melbourne based team.

Lauren Motlop what will her status be for Adelaide with her withdrawing from AFLNT State Academy due to nightclub altercation and Academy relationship to Adelaide NT team

Hoping Adelaide select Sophia Mauboy so the can celebrity spot sister. Central Districts in SANFL had Goodrem.

Emma Kearney is Bulldogs priority pick. Tasmanian players will not be wildcards, they will nominate a state and can only be selected there, the only difference is they cannot nominate for their home state, and no team has given an undertaking re Tasmania.
Abbey Holmes is likely to nominate for Crows, as I think there is a good chance she doesn't get picked in Vic.
Motlop, hadn't heard about that. Could still be picked, you do not have to be in an academy.
Mauboy may be a roughy, had heard of her, but do not know where she sits in the pecking order.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

So how do we get to know what State the various Tasmanian players have nominated in and/or what players have nominated out of their home State, or more generally what State players have nominated for? I think Ellyse Gamble from Burnie is a monty to go early if she has nominated for Victoria, indeed she'd be my number one pick out of the Victorian pool, IF SHE IS IN IT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbournes strategy was interesting, half the players they picked up are 18, some of them only just old enough to draft. They basically picked the eyes out of the top Vic youth girl age group coming through this year. Katherine Smith and Dianna Berry were both co captains of the Vic metro girls team this year. They will be a seriously strong side in a few years.

Melbournes strategy was interesting, half the players they picked up are 18, some of them only just old enough to draft. They basically picked the eyes out of the top Vic youth girl age group coming through this year. Katherine Smith and Dianna Berry were both co captains of the Vic metro girls team this year. They will be a seriously strong side in a few years.
It'll be interesting to see how the inevitable expansion of the comp is unrolled. I like Melbourne's strategy around the youth, however would hope it isn't compromised when new teams enter. Would hate for Berry or Smith to get poached under some FA rule in a couple of years time when the next clubs come in and the girls are just reaching their peak.

Carlton' s list complete - they have also signed ex-basketballer Alison Bown from St Kilda Sharks. Talk about a code-hopper - she has played a grand total of 9 games of football in her life.

Dogs have signed Rebecca Neaves from St Kilda:
http://stkildasharks.com/news/rebecca-neaves-signs-with-the-western-bulldogs/

You can also see in the background of the image in that article a few of the players have gotten their numbers already - Romy Timmins 20, Bailey Hunt 21 etc. My guess is that this information will be published around the time pre-season training begins and the clubs have got their set in place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back