Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
R1 - Cannington tonight
Shabby Chevy $2.80
Well over the odds. Very weak race and it’s shown early speed In its few runs. Should take care of them

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
D.Lester best bet of the day is Five Bulls Stawell Race 1.

Five Bulls into Blake Hardwick 25+ Disposals into Nina Ansaroff @18.33

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at the Doncaster and looks very limited chances. Mugatoo, Think it Over, Star of the Seas and maybe Rock. Could almost pen the rest

Looking at the Doncaster and looks very limited chances. Mugatoo, Think it Over, Star of the Seas and maybe Rock. Could almost pen the rest

This suggests to me a blow out is on the cards - Mug as top weight and priced like Winx and Think it Over (will be found out as an absolute fraud here) single figures is complete lolworthy in my opinion

SOTS gone for this prep too - apart from the quin in the Vic handicap everything out of the ASM meet has gone pretty much awful subsequently - and he was atrocious with no excuses against walkers in the Ryder.

Last edited:

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
This suggests to me a blow out is on the cards - Mug as top weight and priced like Winx and Think it Over (will be found out as an absolute fraud here) single figures is complete lolworthy in my opinion

SOTS gone for this prep too - apart from the quin in the Vic handicap everything out of the ASM meet has gone pretty much awful subsequently - and he was atrocious with no excuses against walkers in the Ryder.

Think It Over has an awful SP profile but his last half a dozen runs have been very good to the point you have to just think he has been perennially underrated

Think It Over has an awful SP profile but his last half a dozen runs have been very good to the point you have to just think he has been perennially underrated

You could say the same for Mugatoo (probably just have him wrong and he is way better than I think) but having backed neither pretty much ever I see no reason to jump on now at these prices.

Then again its basically a glorified Villiers this year so they will probs quinella it.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham

Is this when Kolding salutes at a big price then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dragon to be targeted at the Japan Cup

has none but as stated what else can he run in here in the spring. Cox Plate and Sandown Classic probs the only options as will be weighted out of the cups

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I've complained about the sidelining of the Doncaster in the past few years thanks to Sydney's novelty races but it looks like potentially a great race this year.

I've complained about the sidelining of the Doncaster in the past few years thanks to Sydney's novelty races but it looks like potentially a great race this year.

wut? Looks like a glorified villiers to me. One of the weakest I can remember.

It’s basically TJ day these days anyway

I don't think so at all. They just had the possible field up on racing.com. I thought it looked much better than previous years.

Mugatoo is at winx like odds with top weight.
think it over is single figures. That’s all that needs to be said

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Mugatoo is at winx like odds with top weight.
think it over is single figures. That’s all that needs to be said

Mugatoo, Mo'unga, Colette, Avilius, Funstar, Best of Days, Cascadian, Dalasan, Imaging et al.

I am not saying they are superstars, but it is a massive improvement over previous years. Mugatoo won't be winx odds.

Mugatoo, Mo'unga, Colette, Avilius, Funstar, Best of Days, Cascadian, Dalasan, Imaging et al.

I am not saying they are superstars, but it is a massive improvement over previous years. Mugatoo won't be winx odds.

how is it a massive improvement to have a whole bunch of wfa nonnies lining up. Winx and happy clapper have won recent editions.

Big dal and imagining?!? Entirely replaceable with any random horse that’s lined up in recent years

not even a star 3yo this year

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
how is it a massive improvement to have a whole bunch of wfa nonnies lining up. Winx and happy clapper have won recent editions.

Big dal and imagining?!? Entirely replaceable with any random horse that’s lined up in recent years

not even a star 3yo this year

I think we are arguing 2 different points. No, there isn't a Winx in the field, or maybe no Happy Clapper (Mugatoo might be at his level).

But I think there looms as multiple acceptors that are possibly group level horses getting in with low weights but attractive odds. That makes it a potentially great race to me. That hasn't been the case in recent years.

I think we are arguing 2 different points. No, there isn't a Winx in the field, or maybe no Happy Clapper (Mugatoo might be at his level).

But I think there looms as multiple acceptors that are possibly group level horses getting in with low weights but attractive odds. That makes it a potentially great race to me. That hasn't been the case in recent years.

you might mean great betting race which would be fair given plenty look poi poi at single figures.

but in terms of quality this is an ordinary Donny. The race used to be the pick of the carnival but the TJ and QE have surged miles past it.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
you might mean great betting race which would be fair given plenty look poi poi at single figures.

but in terms of quality this is an ordinary Donny. The race used to be the pick of the carnival but the TJ and QE have surged miles past it.

Yeah I don't agree that it is an ordinary Doncaster, but I am more looking at it from a punting perspective and seeing horses like Dalasan and Funstar (and others) potentially being 30-1 is what makes great handicaps ... great races.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back