R9. Baraconi

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Quick question with the barriers at Newmarket for the guineas are outside numbers grandstand or flatside?

Reveen

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
not GWS

1619699547584.png

Investors handed over $200mil to this kid, including $65.5mil from one individual who still golfs with him on a weekly basis, to hedge bets placed on early markets? Hahahahahaha.

Quick question with the barriers at Newmarket for the guineas are outside numbers grandstand or flatside?

Larger numbers will be on the grandstand side and the barriers will be up against the grandstand fence.

View attachment 1114678

Investors handed over $200mil to this kid, including $65.5mil from one individual who still golfs with him on a weekly basis, to hedge bets placed on early markets? Hahahahahaha.

Might be time to tip some money into this to take advantage of the Betfair commission deal!

The Chris 'punters pal' Waller of jumps racing Willy Mullins at it again last night in the Champion Stayers at Punchestown with Klassical Dream first up for a year and a half backed from 12/1 into 5/1 before bolting in by 10 lengths!

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
To all the Instant Celebrity backers i gather you will be all over Smokin Val in race 6 considering it gave IC windburn last start.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Chris 'punters pal' Waller of jumps racing Willy Mullins at it again last night in the Champion Stayers at Punchestown with Klassical Dream first up for a year and a half backed from 12/1 into 5/1 before bolting in by 10 lengths!
This reminds me of this book which i read which is worth reading if you like reading abuot plunges - Not Willy Mullins but Barney Curley

This reminds me of this book which i read which is worth reading if you like reading abuot plunges - Not Willy Mullins but Barney Curley

A true giant of the sport!

Still the most amazing win I've ever seen

Won by 6 lengths
Beat 4th by 17!!!!
Beat 6th by 26!!!!!!!!!!

Roderic O'Conner got beat 38 and came out and won the Irish Guineas next start :D

Last edited:
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
View attachment 1114678

Pretty good effort keeping a ponzi going for 10 years, you have got to give him that at least. I started reading and thought the 200 million was just mostly imaginary winnings but sounds like a fair bit of capital did actually go into it.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ive known this jockey as Tommy Treacle since i first saw him slaughter all his mounts. He was always the worst jockey i have ever seen ride. Cannot possibly see him backing his own horses to win!

Jockey’s eight-year ban over bets after name change
Damien Ractliffe

By Damien Ractliffe
Updated April 30, 2021 — 4.46pmfirst published at 3.51pm
Save
Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
Leave a comment

A jockey who allegedly placed bets under a name different to that in the form guide has been disqualified from riding for eight years.
Daniel Jack Smith, who rode under the name Terry Treichel, was hit with 32 charges relating to betting and false declaration after Northern Territory racing stewards investigated allegations he was placing bets on horses he was riding at an Alice Springs meeting in December last year.
The initial inquiry led to stewards discovering Treichel had actually changed his name to Daniel Jack Smith by deed poll, with “multiple betting accounts” found in Smith’s name.
He was disqualified for three years for riding under a name different to his actual name and a further five years for the betting charges. Smith can appeal.

Back