Racing April Daily Punt- The Championswamps and a farewell to the Queen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Nothing surprising there at all. Back to normal santa although didn’t have it his way
Will wait for the times but I think he's probably gone pretty good.

From a betting POV, it's a simple lesson in taking short odds about horses that get back in the field.

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
HK sprinters better than we think or Aus sprinters not the quality some may think
bit of both. Santa has never won a race by more than 2L since first prep. he then wins the TJ at 6 with 33 starts under his belt by 3.5L going away. it didn't seem reproducible before the race and he's gone back to his normal form it seems.

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will wait for the times but I think he's probably gone pretty good.

From a betting POV, it's a simple lesson in taking short odds about horses that get back in the field.
there's "pretty good" and then there's what he did in the TJ.

he's pretty good most times he steps out, fairly consistent IMO. TJ was one out of the box and he looked priced on that run. Pre TJ he seemed like a get back Redzel type picking up some cheap ones running reasonable and consistent G1 times, but the TJ was anything but.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
there's "pretty good" and then there's what he did in the TJ.

he's pretty good most times he steps out, fairly consistent IMO. TJ was one out of the box and he looked priced on that run. Pre TJ he seemed like a get back Redzel type picking up some cheap ones but the TJ was anything but.
Right, but my point is we don't know. He might well have been able to do it again.

I think if someone was expecting him to reproduce his TJ run, you'd have to forecast that similar level of pressure, which didn't happen. You can spit out a number that says he's reverted to type, but it doesn't tell the full story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Well the bookies were matching the tote on the extremely obvious selection.
SAL would be more likely at Ascot starting at $20-1 rather than winning when it starts $1.85 or so. Can never seem to catch the horse despite me tipping my hat to it and it's record is fantastic. Would be a great horse to own.

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
??? Where did you expect him to be in the run - would have thought anyone who can half do a decent speed map would have had him in exactly that position.

No idea why people were blowing up about the ride post race - as pointed out by a host of people here before the race he gets back and they are always a chance of walking in fish bowl races.

Top Bottom