Racing April Daily Punt- The Championswamps and a farewell to the Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be aiming at back-to-back lasts here but SET PIECE looks to have blown out to a redic price for a horse that has looked pretty decent in 2 career wins to date. I think there is enough doubt over the two Godolphin runners to spec him EW.

For those that have owned or trained horses before, I’ve recently gotten into my first. How long does it usually take for a trainer to ‘know’ if a horse has any talent?

For those that have owned or trained horses before, I’ve recently gotten into my first. How long does it usually take for a trainer to ‘know’ if a horse has any talent?

I've never had any with talent so couldn't tell you.

If it's not trailing well it is probably s**t and I would dump ASAP

Depends on the trainer, but they’d know early.

Been trying to crack a maiden with one of ours for long enough. Last start beaten 50+ lengths in a Bordertown maiden. It was given the bronze cheers as it crossed the line.
They wanted to tip it out for spell and go again. No thanks.
Some don’t care if the horse has talent or not as long as you’re still paying the bills.

Lol depends on the trainer. A lot of them will tell you that the horse has talent even when the horse has no talent.

Stayers will take longer to develop, I have heard of staying types improving dramatically throughout career and surprising trainers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol depends on the trainer. A lot of them will tell you that the horse has talent even when the horse has no talent.

Stayers will take longer to develop, I have heard of staying types improving dramatically throughout career and surprising trainers.

Spot on about stayers taking longer and surprising. The old mans was given next to none by trainer and bolted in at Gawler at double figures. We didn’t have a cent on

Spot on about stayers taking longer and surprising. The old mans was given next to none by trainer and bolted in at Gawler at double figures. We didn’t have a cent on

I have also had some trainers that genuinely appear to have NFI how the horse will go on race day.

Not that I have had one, but if you have a ‘special ‘ horse you’ll know about it early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back