Racing April Daily Punt- The Championswamps and a farewell to the Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing surprising there at all. Back to normal santa although didn’t have it his way
Will wait for the times but I think he's probably gone pretty good.

From a betting POV, it's a simple lesson in taking short odds about horses that get back in the field.

HK sprinters better than we think or Aus sprinters not the quality some may think

bit of both. Santa has never won a race by more than 2L since first prep. he then wins the TJ at 6 with 33 starts under his belt by 3.5L going away. it didn't seem reproducible before the race and he's gone back to his normal form it seems.

Will wait for the times but I think he's probably gone pretty good.

From a betting POV, it's a simple lesson in taking short odds about horses that get back in the field.

there's "pretty good" and then there's what he did in the TJ.

he's pretty good most times he steps out, fairly consistent IMO. TJ was one out of the box and he looked priced on that run. Pre TJ he seemed like a get back Redzel type picking up some cheap ones running reasonable and consistent G1 times, but the TJ was anything but.

there's "pretty good" and then there's what he did in the TJ.

he's pretty good most times he steps out, fairly consistent IMO. TJ was one out of the box and he looked priced on that run. Pre TJ he seemed like a get back Redzel type picking up some cheap ones but the TJ was anything but.
Right, but my point is we don't know. He might well have been able to do it again.

I think if someone was expecting him to reproduce his TJ run, you'd have to forecast that similar level of pressure, which didn't happen. You can spit out a number that says he's reverted to type, but it doesn't tell the full story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the bookies were matching the tote on the extremely obvious selection.

SAL would be more likely at Ascot starting at $20-1 rather than winning when it starts $1.85 or so. Can never seem to catch the horse despite me tipping my hat to it and it's record is fantastic. Would be a great horse to own.

Lol Bowman

??? Where did you expect him to be in the run - would have thought anyone who can half do a decent speed map would have had him in exactly that position.

No idea why people were blowing up about the ride post race - as pointed out by a host of people here before the race he gets back and they are always a chance of walking in fish bowl races.

HK sprinters better than we think or Aus sprinters not the quality some may think

Bit of both but more the latter - our sprinters have been average turn takers for a while now as most have been saying (outside the golden run of the peoples champ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back