Racing April Daily Thread - Racing > Rugbaleeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a gun Dundeel. Getting rolled a few times at ridiculously short odds probably tarnished his legacy but he's right up there with the best of the last decade for mine (besides the obvious Winx, BC of course).

Yeah also dogged it big time in the Shamus the Cat Cox Plate which is a hard smear to rub off.

Who we liking in the Donny?

Wet track the Belle will love but shes giving a lot of weight to these light weight 3 year olds.

Thinking of backing her and Brandenburg but interested in others thoughts on the race.

Can Shadow Hero turn the table on Castlevecchio as well?

Yeah also dogged it big time in the Shamus the Cat Cox Plate which is a hard smear to rub off.

Beating AJ would've just about made up for that I reckon if she could've had a few more starts. One that gets forgotten about a bit because of how few starts it had, but she just felt unbeatable at the time. One of the few times I can remember being genuinely surprised that a horse could possibly have been beaten.

Wet track the Belle will love but shes giving a lot of weight to these light weight 3 year olds.

Thinking of backing her and Brandenburg but interested in others thoughts on the race.

MB is the only class runner in the Doncaster so on top for me even with the weight. My dangers are Super Seth who looks the best weighted if he can produce his best (debatable off last run) and Cascadian who looks the type who will love a big field handicap.

With a fair run can't see SH turning the table on CV - especially on a big. The main danger for CV is if they ride him back to try and get the trip and they go slow up front and he never gets into the race. It's a back CV or watch race for me.

Beating AJ would've just about made up for that I reckon if she could've had a few more starts. One that gets forgotten about a bit because of how few starts it had, but she just felt unbeatable at the time. One of the few times I can remember being genuinely surprised that a horse could possibly have been beaten.

No point beating AJ in a lead up if you are going to dog it that badly on the biggest stage you ever saw.

More of an indication that form analysts are struggling to know when he will peak. Fresh, 1000m, not pressured, straight race have all proven false indicators. People try make a pattern, it just may mean there is no pattern.

Form in the last 6 starts is 414141. There's yer pattern ;)

Damn the track looks tip top there!

Agreed.

Although to be fair 2nd, 3rd and 4th were

Vanilla, Kingdoms, and Gerontius - he'd want to have won by as much as he did.

Donny a Field job for the quaddies!.

There are few jockeys I dislike more than John Allen. Give him a fave and he rides it like Costano Mille. Yet rides the rougher ones like Winx.

Name a more hated jock on this board....I'll wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone pipes up just drag out the Harbour Views carnival ride clip

Actual footage of him waiting for the right gap to come that day

giphy.gif

Re: Doncaster I have Melody Belle on top

Super Seth and Mr Quickie the others I’m keen on
Mr Q at a decent price IMO - got stuck in traffic on a leaders bias track in the ASM
Goes well 2nd up and likes the mile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back