APS Football

Remove this Banner Ad

danny dickvos said:
How do u explain haileybury's seconds being beaten by 50 pts by geelong colleges seconds. Then there firsts won by 40 pts. The lack of depth is bloody obvious. Bit sad for the boys who are playing in the twos for them i think. They obviously arent going to drop any of the scholarship players from the firsts. Its understandable the haileybury seconds didnt even look interested. Poor fellas
Hailerbury 2nds = Their actual firsts.

Geelong 2nds beat Haileybury 1st, what a disgrace.

slickrick said:
Exactly how many scolarship players do Hailibury have? Iv'e heard that they even have a couple in the 2nd's.

Ive heard that Hailebury has 31 contracted footy players.

The ladder will be
1. Hailebury
2. Xavier
3. Melbourne
4. Scotch
5. Brighton
6. Geelong College
7. Caulfield
8. St Kevins
9. Wesley
10. Carey
11. Geelong Grammar

chaz051 said:
na mate, uve underestimated scotch, good, solid and still a chance, carey should definately be bottom material, didnt even put up a fight against scotch.

or melbourne

Haileybury's 2nd have always struggled to win matches against any opposistion and even yesterday they had 3 scholarships players playin for them . it didnt make any difference hail just dont possess the depth like other schools because more people want to play Hockey or Soccer at Hail cos of their ethnic back-ground.

shanrew said:
The ladder will be
1. Hailebury
2. Xavier
3. Melbourne
4. Scotch
5. Brighton
6. Geelong College
7. Caulfield
8. St Kevins
9. Wesley
10. Carey
11. Geelong Grammar

the ladder will not be close to that, xavier has lost 2 in a row and hav grammar next week which could be 3 losses, hail will clearly win but scotch should come a close 2nd with grammar or xavier 3rd my ladder

1 Hail
2 Scotch
3 xavier
4 grammar
5 college
6 brighton
7 caulfield
8 skevs
9 carey
10 wesley
11 geelong

carey and wesley will be bottom two.
haileybury and scotch will be top two.
no idea about the rest

chaz051 said:
the ladder will not be close to that, xavier has lost 2 in a row and hav grammar next week which could be 3 losses, hail will clearly win but scotch should come a close 2nd with grammar or xavier 3rd my ladder

1 Hail
2 Scotch
3 xavier
4 grammar
5 college
6 brighton
7 caulfield
8 skevs
9 carey
10 wesley
11 geelong
Looks pretty good to me - i'd reckon the competition between xavier, geelong college, melbourne and maybe brighton for third spot will be pretty tough i cant really see anyone else having an influence on the higher positions.

Esham said:
carey and wesley will be bottom two.
haileybury and scotch will be top two.
no idea about the rest

You’re writing off Xavier a bit early aren’t you

D-Mon said:
You’re writing off Xavier a bit early aren’t you
dont think so, they have already lost 2 games (against clearly the top 2 teams), so i cant see how they can get in the top 2. i reckon scotch and haileybury will both go undefeated except for when they play each other. so one team will go undefeated the other team will have one loss.

Skevs look to be going along nicely, narrowly losing to geelong college due to one bad 1/4 of football. Players such as cain, keely, dixon, durham, moussi and murphy have started off strongly. A good honest side who are not afraid to attack the footy - might have slipped under a few guards

yer xavier are gone, round 9 is probly now the biggest round of the fixture for premiership contenders, hail vs scotch at hail which will be tough but always a chance!!

scotch have college this weekend at scotch so should be a top game after a strong win for scotch at xavier!!

wat are some other fixtures?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chaz051 said:
scotch have college this weekend at scotch so should be a top game after a strong win for scotch at xavier!!

wat are some other fixtures?

I don't know what comp you’re watching but Scotch have already played Xavier. Melbourne play Xavier at Melbourne (flack park, (Todd road complex) this week.

milnedog44 said:
I went to Xavier so xavier.
Haileybury do have the edge with their ahhh talent, **cough** chequebooks **cough**
to true I feel this is becoming a problem in the APS, what are schools to do that don't have fat back pockets, and its only school footy so buying players is wrong

footy12345 said:
to true I feel this is becoming a problem in the APS, what are schools to do that don't have fat back pockets, and its only school footy so buying players is wrong

they don't buy them to win the premiership for them

they buy them so once the kids make the big-time people will look back and see they went to Haileybury

its for image purposes

footy12345 said:
Wrong to give kids from the country who cant afford to go to a Private School a scholarship for footy?

It is not wrong to give scholarships to country boys if they cant afford to go to a private school, it is wrong to give them scholarships for footy with the sole purpose of winning an APS premiership and furthering your own image. It is like Xavier and Scotch with their aboriginal programs, great idea! so why are they picking out the best footballers from these communties - to further image and footballing results not to give someone a chance!

there's plenty of talent in the field. Always... chances are that the aborgines picked to become recipients of scholarships are very capable footballers. in the past couple of years this has been the case for scotch.

brownlowbruce said:
Wrong to give kids from the country who cant afford to go to a Private School a scholarship for footy?
Hey Im not saying that, I come from the country, but why should a team like Haileybury having something like 17 scholarship players, think about this. I have no problem with educational scholarships but footy, come one

danny dickvos said:
I heard Geelong College have had a great pre season and have dominated in all their praccy matches, who have they got? How do u think they will go this year?
They have been know to upset some bigger schools, eg. Melb Grammar last season.

before last year they won one game in four years, nice team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back