APS Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort today from both teams, overcoming both a pretty disgraceful oval and some questionable umpiring decision to deliver a great match congratulations to St Kevins. Great season of APS footy.

Well St Kevins won't beat Caulfield so yeah, you muppets can't even knock off Geelong College! 'Oh, the ovals weren't to our liking' Strap one on you flogs. Caulfield will win this premiership unless they choke against Geelong Grammar. Fact.

fact? dont think so mate, who won today?

Salopek BOG, Bugg very good for CG, SKC Premiers 2011.

Thought Caulfield tried to get too cute. Didn't quite want it as bad as Skevs.

Win the premiership without a single state rep..played as a team and not a group of individual.

Parkes delivered when it mattered...well done sauce!

Great effort today from both teams, overcoming both a pretty disgraceful oval and some questionable umpiring decision to deliver a great match congratulations to St Kevins. Great season of APS footy.
Thought the ground was pretty good considering the wet winter we have had, the ground was fast in most parts. Umpires always questionable at APS level, quick draw Mc Graws.

Great feed at half time upstairs!

Think Fricot for SKC will get a job in the AFL somewhere.

I have to agree, SKC's Henry Parkes, Jason Salopek & Adam Fricot all looked the goods when it counted, Caulfield's forward line let them down with a few easy missed shots.
Too much focus on getting it to Seb Gotch who was out marked several times, way too small to be a key forward, should be playing a crumbing roll instead of flying into the back of his team mates.
Caulfield's Bugg was good in bursts & number 8 Alister Burge was solid on the backline, aslo the tall 16 year old, number 11, Jack Edwards took a number of great contested grabs around the ground, maybe one too look out for next year.

Thought the ground was pretty good considering the wet winter we have had, the ground was fast in most parts. Umpires always questionable at APS level, quick draw Mc Graws.

Great feed at half time upstairs!

Think Fricot for SKC will get a job in the AFL somewhere.

Haha didn't manage to get up at half time, pretty disappointed with the spread at full time though there wasn't too much homemade love at all. Fitness of aps umpires really needs to brought up especially when there's so much on the line.

Great win by Skevs!

Really shows you don't need to be a team of champions, but a champion team. I'm pretty sure that was a full strength caulfield, no VM/VC excuses, and skevs were still missing 4 or so to their line up, including seb purcell and gleeson, both huge names. Also had boys coming up for their first game of the year, fresh from injury (coates, c.gleeson).

Once again salopek killed it, he'll have definately got the attention of recruiters by now, he's BOGed it for skevs for almost every game, along with purcell.
Josh taylor played well in the middle aswell, including the likes of fricot and dimmatina.
The big sauce, H. Parkes stood up again where it counted, kicking 4, 3 in the last i think.
IN the end, caulfield had about the same amount of chances to win as skevs, but didn't take them aswell. They managed to hold skevs goalless for 2 quarters nearly. Skevs couldn't hit a target up forward for the 2nd quarter.
It came down to fast centre breaks in the end for skevs, with 5 goals in the last quarter. Skevs were 3 goals up with only 3min or so, but a CGS comeback brought it back to only 3 points with about 1 min to go, but skevs held on.

In the end, a great win for skevs, to prove all the doubters wrong.
SKC 2011'

You are a flog cash, all were well behaved. Hate to tell you but Jordan Kelly is not Caulfields best player. "CGS can be proud of their support base", what a silly comment, they were mouthing off and swearing at the SKC boys all day. The only good thing about them was the 17 year old girl in the brown knee high boots, smoking hot!

The Caulfield goal umpire actually made a brilliant decision in the last when there was a debateable decision where it would have been really easy to only award a point to Skevs and favour Caulfield but in the end he told the umpire that it was a goal to Skevs right as they were getting their run on which was really commendable to the kid.

And from what perspective did you get that about our supporter base Brian?

1. St.kev's too good.
2. CGS best player didn't play.
3. Umpiring was fine. Goal umpires the trouble. Should no longer be students.
3. 60 and 10 the best players for Skevs. 10 took a nice mark on the stand wing.
4. Salopek not even on the rec. radar.
5. CGS can be proud of their support base. Respectful of the opposition yet full of voice for their own. Skevs students behind the goals were all a bunch of louts. Some of their comments to the opposition and their overall behaviour was horrendous. As a catholic boys school I expected better.
6. St.kev's too good.

Your a gimp. its footy mate, thats what it's all about. stop being bias, you lost, skevs premiers 2011.

Ah...and the name calling continues. You both just prove my point about your behaviour...In the real world, football results mean little if you don't have integrity.

And as for Kelly. Forget Caulfield, he's the best player in the whole comp. Sadly, defenders across all levels don't get the acknowledgement they should.

And as for my 'bias,' my allegiance lies with neither Skevs or Caulfield. I'm a neutral supporter who never played for nor attended an APS school.

I have no trouble saying the better side won. Skev's are deserved premiers.

you're kidding right?? have you never heard of L.Nankervis! no idea cashy. the nank won't be happy reading this, but he is a genuine born superstar at footy, get around the big guy.

1. St.kev's too good.
2. CGS best player didn't play.
3. Umpiring was fine. Goal umpires the trouble. Should no longer be students.
3. 60 and 10 the best players for Skevs. 10 took a nice mark on the stand wing.
4. Salopek not even on the rec. radar.
5. CGS can be proud of their support base. Respectful of the opposition yet full of voice for their own. Skevs students behind the goals were all a bunch of louts. Some of their comments to the opposition and their overall behaviour was horrendous. As a catholic boys school I expected better.
6. St.kev's too good.

1-you got that right
2- Seb purcell didn't play-skevs best player
3-Agree. Surely in such a big game they need proper goal umpires
4-Two recruiters(one the head of recruiting at an AFL club) asked me all about Sal after the game and mentioned how impressed they were. He is on the radar.
5- The caulfield supporters gave it to the umpire in the second quarter in no uncertain terms so I would ease up sunshine
6-you certainly got that right! Grammar boys found wanting when the catholics turned the heat up!
7-You forgot the Caulfield runner being decked out in all white to blend in exactly with their own(away) jumpers. A justifed complaint from skevs at half time saw the aforementioned runner don a flouro vest in the second half.
Nice try guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE KING HAS RETURNED! in case you guys haven't already found out that Jackson Macrae kid who is really really awesome made the APS side. No surprise really, he averaged something like 45 possessions a game!

THE KING HAS RETURNED! in case you guys haven't already found out that Jackson Macrae kid who is really really awesome made the APS side. No surprise really, he averaged something like 45 possessions a game!

more importantly, congratulations to the premiers five reps

Salopak, Sauce parkes, Critchley, Toohey,and Fricot.

All deserve a start and hopefully the great man sauce kicks a bag.

more importantly, congratulations to the premiers five reps

Salopak, Sauce parkes, Critchley, Toohey,and Fricot.

All deserve a start and hopefully the great man sauce kicks a bag.

who? who? who? who? who? none of them are at Jackson Macrae's level, better luck next time champ.

1. your a flog
2. aps team hasn't been selected, just the squad.
3. your a flog.

You wouldn't even know there was a game played today due to the lack of posts? Skevvies boys where are you! Scores from today? In the square, looks like we didn't have to wait until next term for the tone to shift huh?

boy am i glad i came back to this post. i apologise for such lateness mate, but honestly, how bout those skevs! why would you ever doubt them? (notice how there is no tone shift) purely because the SKC 1st XVIII are the premiers in 2011, so stick that one up ya champ. good luck for next year, dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back