APS season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

truepride

Debutant
May 23, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who are gonna be the risers and who may drop off?
Will be a very good year for APS footy, this year level is very strong.
Skevs were the dominant team from year 7 - 10 but that has very little if any influence on the real stuff, i have a feeling that haileybury will be the big risers this year, they look to be very good. Carey have the potential to go all the way, and the majority of the skevs premiership team of 2011 were only year 11's. + who will be the dominant players for there schools?

Who are gonna be the risers and who may drop off?
Will be a very good year for APS footy, this year level is very strong.
Skevs were the dominant team from year 7 - 10 but that has very little if any influence on the real stuff, i have a feeling that haileybury will be the big risers this year, they look to be very good. Carey have the potential to go all the way, and the majority of the skevs premiership team of 2011 were only year 11's. + who will be the dominant players for there schools?

You can never dismiss Caulfield. Went close again this year and will always be in the mix. They will lose some class but have enough big bodies coming through to give it a shake

You can never dismiss Caulfield. Went close again this year and will always be in the mix. They will lose some class but have enough big bodies coming through to give it a shake
The year level at Caufield were B-division from year 7-10. Unless theyre year 11's can carry them, they won't be anywhere near the top. Scotch became strong for this year level in year 10 getting the closest to St Kevins who were undefeated as a year level. Xavier and Melbourne Grammer were always up there at this year level. Carey are the APS version of the Miami Heat. Unless theyre couple of superstars can carry them to a premiership then they won't come close. I wouldn't write of Wesley either who have done some strong recruiting so they will be interesting to follow. The two Geelongs and Halibury will all be based on who they have recruited over the last 12 monthes. Brighton will be no where near the top.
My Prediction:
1: St Kevin's to go back to back
2: Melbourne Grammer
3: Xavier College
4: Wesley College
5: Carey Grammer
6: Halibury College
7: Geelong College
8: Scotch College
9: Caufield Grammer
10: Geelong Grammer
11: Brighton Grammer

The top 5 is very unpredictable and the season will be very tight, but there will always be surprises

who will be skevs, xavs and melb grammars strongest players for 2012?
Skevs have the likes of; Lachlan Hunter, Shaun Kennedy, James Stewart, Chris Gleeson and Gerard Gleeson.
Other TAC players from Skevs include; Tom Quinlan, Callum Matheson, Manny Dolan, and thats just the year 12s. They also have a good 9 or 10 at TAC under 18s from year 11.
Xavier have Daniel Hachem, Joe Curran, Nick Prowse, and a couple of other strong players. Unfamiliar with their year 11s.
Melbourne Grammer have the likes of Chris Lam, Tom Temay, Cam Banfield, Shaun Bulger, plus a few other stong players

The year level at Caufield were B-division from year 7-10. Unless theyre year 11's can carry them, they won't be anywhere near the top. Scotch became strong for this year level in year 10 getting the closest to St Kevins who were undefeated as a year level. Xavier and Melbourne Grammer were always up there at this year level. Carey are the APS version of the Miami Heat. Unless theyre couple of superstars can carry them to a premiership then they won't come close. I wouldn't write of Wesley either who have done some strong recruiting so they will be interesting to follow. The two Geelongs and Halibury will all be based on who they have recruited over the last 12 monthes. Brighton will be no where near the top.
My Prediction:

The top 5 is very unpredictable and the season will be very tight, but there will always be surprises

Mate, if your footy knowledge is anything like your grammar, your predictions will mean s**t all. Watch as many of your predictions are wrong.

My Prediction:

lol...

Skevs have the likes of; Lachlan Hunter, Shaun Kennedy, James Stewart, Chris Gleeson and Gerard Gleeson.
Other TAC players from Skevs include; Tom Quinlan, Callum Matheson, Manny Dolan, and thats just the year 12s. They also have a good 9 or 10 at TAC under 18s from year 11.
Xavier have Daniel Hachem, Joe Curran, Nick Prowse, and a couple of other strong players. Unfamiliar with their year 11s.
Melbourne Grammer have the likes of Chris Lam, Tom Temay, Cam Banfield, Shaun Bulger, plus a few other stong players

Matt Merlo and Joe Curran and the Superstars for this team, Merlo should be captain after playing last year and being the most experienced out there. Willie Rioli should be back to provide some spark too. Not as good a side as last years team but still very talented.

I agree with this. Skevs to go back to back, however Brighton may be better than one thinks. Beside the point skevs team is too good all round. large amounts of players from last years premiership and some new recruits in years 10 and 11 should allow them some flash and talent to go with the grunt. watch out for Luke Mathews from skevs, kid is at Wetsern Jets and has converted from running where he has been national champion at 1500 and 3000, is a machine and an elite runner breaking 9 for the 3km on multiple times

Typical Melbourne schools only talking about eachother, what about the geelong schools?

I'd watch out for GGS this year. Over at College we've been hearing a few things, got some big recruits coming in this year, plus remaining scholars from last year. Dave Iaccarino (Western Jets), Dyl Weir (Gippy Power/Geelong Falcons), Scotty Dixon (Falcons), Adam Kristiansen (Brother of Alan), Dylan Hodge (Brother of Luke), plus a tonne of new boys. Big group of non-scholar talent as well, word is all the boys are a pretty tight group, all very good mates. GGS had a good group last year, but apparently the team wasn't close enough, too much infighting. Grammar-College game looks like its going back to Corio again, as much as it pains me to say it. Could be top 5 contender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the Geelong schools shouldn't be in the APS when they rock up to swimming as 'Geelong combined' and still finish last by a country mile.....

St. Kevin's to go back to back, with strong competition from Scotch, Brighton and Melbourne. Although the year 12 age this year has been the powerhouse (superdraft) year, I do believe it will also strongly be dominated by the year 11 age group. Jack Billings (AIS, Oakleigh Chargers), Josh Kelly, (AIS Sandy Dragons), Max Hayes (Vic metro, Sandy Dragons) to name a few. These run through to new recruit Angus Scott, running down to Blake Pearson, Julian Soccio and Christian Salem to name a few. Can't wait to watch the powerhouse Carey to show their class.

I'd watch out for GGS this year. Over at College we've been hearing a few things, got some big recruits coming in this year, plus remaining scholars from last year. Dave Iaccarino (Western Jets), Dyl Weir (Gippy Power/Geelong Falcons), Scotty Dixon (Falcons), Adam Kristiansen (Brother of Alan), Dylan Hodge (Brother of Luke), plus a tonne of new boys. Big group of non-scholar talent as well, word is all the boys are a pretty tight group, all very good mates. GGS had a good group last year, but apparently the team wasn't close enough, too much infighting. Grammar-College game looks like its going back to Corio again, as much as it pains me to say it. Could be top 5 contender

David Iaccarino is a gun. Watched him a few times in junior league football and in his U/16 carnival. Is amazing on both sides of his feet, runs out a game. Was out all of last season due to a shoulder reco, but this year has dominated Western Jets intraclubs, praccy against Northern and ran a 14.4(ish) for TAC testing

You know the Geelong schools shouldn't be in the APS when they rock up to swimming as 'Geelong combined' and still finish last by a country mile.....
Are we talking about swimming or football? Geelong schools no good. Ahh ok, is that why College beat St Kevs by 60 points last year? As with Geelong Grammar they have talent with Scott Dixon and Dylan Weir as big improvers. I can only see Xavier having a big year.

GGS is about as APS as a school gets mate, they don't charge all that dosh for no reason

word is the little heard of george mcfarlane out of ggs is a big improver this year, could be a very integral member of the ggs team, i'd be watching out for this one

word is the little heard of george mcfarlane out of ggs is a big improver this year, could be a very integral member of the ggs team, i'd be watching out for this one

there has been talk about george, but there has also been another big recruit of a new year 12 , alex hussen, he has had a big pre season and is looking to dominate this year and hopefully put himself up in lights for the draft combine in 2013. watch out for the huss because he's coming

there has been talk about george, but there has also been another big recruit of a new year 12 , alex hussen, he has had a big pre season and is looking to dominate this year and hopefully put himself up in lights for the draft combine in 2013. watch out for the huss because he's coming

yeah mate, your not wrong, been hearing big things over here at haileybury about the huss. real late bloomer apparently, but absolute gun with the pill, be good to see how he goes this season, word is he's looking very very good

couldnt agree more the ggs boys are a tight group this year who have most defiantly got the talent and can go all the way. as long as long as their supertstars arent to cocky and george and alex step up to the plate this team should bring down some really good results.

couldnt agree more the ggs boys are a tight group this year who have most defiantly got the talent and can go all the way. as long as long as their supertstars arent to cocky and george and alex step up to the plate this team should bring down some really good results.

get around me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back