APSS Top 60

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all! Here is my opinion of the top 60 prospects as it stands! look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions as well:

1. Jack Bowes (GC)
2. Will Brodie
3. Hugh McCluggage
4. Ben Ainsworth
5. Sam Petrevski-Seaton
6. Harry Perryman (GWS)
7. Tim English
8. Harrison Macreadie (GWS)
9. Todd Marshall
10.Will Setterfield (GWS)
11. Brad Scheer (GC)
12. Andrew McGrath
13. Kobe Mutch (GWS)
14. Brandan Parfitt
15. Josh Battle
16. Sam Powell-Pepper
17. Jack Graham
18. Jacob Allison (BRIS)
19. Zac Fisher
20.Tim Taranto
21. Jonty Scharenberg
22.Jordan Gallucci
23. Daniel Venables
24. Shai Bolton
25. Callum Brown (COLL)
26. Jake Waterman (WC)
27. Dylan Clarke
28. Griffin Logue
29. Jack Rolls (BRIS)
30. Joe Atley
31. Brennan Cox
32. Kym LeBois
33. Josh Williams (GC)
34. Alex Villis
35. Pat Kerr
36. Sam Walker
37. Jack Maibaum
38. Zach Sproule (GWS)
39. Matt Guelfi
40. Jack Scrimshaw
41. Myles Poholke
42. Steve Slimming
43. Jarrod Berry
44. Calvin Thorne
45. Noah Hura
46. Tony Olango
47. Oscar Junker
48. Ben Jarman (HAW/ADL)
49. Luke Strnadica
50. Tyson Stengle
51. Quinton Narkle
52. Peter Ladhams
53. Max Lynch (GWS)
54. Jordan Sweet
55. Josh Daicos (COLL)
56. Ryan Garthwaite (GWS)
57. Josh Rotham
58. Will Hayward
59.Corey Lyons
60. Will Drew

UNLUCKY – Scotney, Kempe, Watson, Cumming, Byrne, Fisher, Davis, Himmelberg, Goddard, Lee, Cameron, Nixon, Bedford, Comitogianni, McGuinness Williamson, Fowler, Korewha, Darvy, Leslie, Kirby, Romensky and Florent

Season Ending Injured - Simpkin, Witherden

Not sure what Season ending injured actually means but rest assured Simpkin need to be included..
Will be drafted on talent and the Family name alone..

Not sure what Season ending injured actually means but rest assured Simpkin need to be included..
Will be drafted on talent and the Family name alone..
I certainly agree with you. Simpkin is a good talent. Berry is to low and Bowes is to high

LOL a month ago i complained that waterman was too high but now it seems that he maybe too low. Just bagged 5 goals and collected 15 touches in his WAFL seniors debut last week.

LOL a month ago i complained that waterman was too high but now it seems that he maybe too low. Just bagged 5 goals and collected 15 touches in his WAFL seniors debut last week.
yeah did see that. obviously the top 60 was prepared before the start of the draft last Thursday so Waterman's 5 goals in the seniors was not taken in consideration

Updated 4/10/16, happy with this listing and updated it now all the footy has been played! really excited for the combine. this is a big board not a mock draft, keep that in mind but all comments are accepted. 60 goes as follows:

1. Hugh McCluggage
2. Andrew McGrath
3. Will Brodie
4. Ben Ainsworth
5. Sam Petrevski-Seaton
6. Jack Bowes
7. Tim Taranto
8. Tim English
9. Will Setterfield
10. Harry Perryman
11. Todd Marshall
12. Jordan Gallucci
13. Oliver Florent
14. Jack Scrimshaw
15. Cedric Cox
16. Alex Villis
17. Josh Rotham
18. Brad Scheer
19. Luke Ryan
20. Josh Battle
21. Harrison Macreadie
22. Jonty Scharenberg
23. Griffin Logue
24. Alex Witherden
25. Jy Simpkin
26. Zac Fisher
27. Kobe Mutch
28. Daniel Venables
29. Will Hayward
30. Myles Poholke
31. Shai Bolton
32. Zach Sproule
33. Brennan Cox
34. Jack Graham
35. Jake Waterman
36. Brandan Parfitt
37. Sam Powell-Pepper
38. Jack Maibaum
39. Jarrod Berry
40. Callum Brown
41. Josh Begley
42. Oscar Junker
43. Will Drew
44. Matt Guelfi
45. Joe Atley
46. Ryan Garthwaite
47. Jacob Allison
48. Pat Kerr
49. Ben Jarman
50. Dylan Clarke
51. Sam Walker
52. Josh Williams
53. Hamish Brayshaw
54. Isaac Cumming
55. Ben Long
56. Tyson Stengle
57. Josh Daicos
58. Liam Mackie
59. Kayle Kirby
60. Ben Davis

Unlucky were Hinge, Olango, Narkle and Sam Fisher
Big Board updated in OP, Questions and comments are encouraged!

Great stat and start on debut but somewhat misleading . Team destroyed opposition that appeared to not even try and 4 of the goals gift wrapped .

I don't see him as anything but late pick , risky draft mud sized reasonable speed reasonable kick half forward flank.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

what do you rate galluchi so high? seems like many are backing away from him.

Rotham isn't the best defender in the draft, don't see him in front of the people in front of him at this stage. In a draft were there is not many key forwards i see AFL traits in Waterman, that's why hes at 26.

Drew suffers from having a poor carnival in a poor performing Vic Country team, that's why others jumped ahead of him
He never really had a poor carnival but.......hardly saw any midfield minutes at all, same as the recent ALL STARS game, spent 95% of the time playing in the back pocket...He's a contested beast midfielder...

Hi, thanks for the thread; what's your take on the evenness of the draft, ie do you see not much difference between picks 1 and pick 8 in this draft as many commentators are saying. The main reason I ask this is because Essendon is apparently in the mix to trade out of the number one pick for a few selections in the first round - do you think this would be a good idea for us.

what do you rate galluchi so high? seems like many are backing away from him.
i really do like his intensity at the contest and speed inside and outside the contestm i think they are traits that will help him at AFL level. as always the knock on him is the accuracy of his kicking.

He never really had a poor carnival but.......hardly saw any midfield minutes at all, same as the recent ALL STARS game, spent 95% of the time playing in the back pocket...He's a contested beast midfielder...
to be honest mate i have not seem him play in the mids, will be interesting to see where he plays at AFL level and where he sits in this current draft due to his athletic atributes.

Hi, thanks for the thread; what's your take on the evenness of the draft, ie do you see not much difference between picks 1 and pick 8 in this draft as many commentators are saying. The main reason I ask this is because Essendon is apparently in the mix to trade out of the number one pick for a few selections in the first round - do you think this would be a good idea for us.
in my opinon, McGrath and McCluggage are starting to break away from the pack just a tad due to their consistancy, but saying that i think the top 10 is fairly even due to the potential of them all.

On one side of my top 10, you have the safe picks in McGrath, McCluggage, Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes and Perryman. while on the otherside you have players who in 5 years time we could look back on saying they are the best kids to come out of this draft in Taranto, SPS, English and Setterfield.

i think McCluggage and McGrath will be 1 and 2, but if i was Essendon i do see value in trading pick 1 (McCluggage) and getting the suns pick 4 (Ainsworth) and pick 6 (Taranto) because they both have A grade potential. hope this helps and i didnt go around in circles too much! haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake waterman
i think after a strong bottom age year for Waterman he has been ok this year. i think he will end up a second-third rounder due to his natural ability.

as for his 4 goals in the WAFL i didnt see them as i am based in SA but all reports were he played well, the 4 games he played at WAFL this year will help show his talents against men and hopefully keep him from slipping too far in the draft.

Don't honk he has natural ability , mid sized, reasonable pace ( better than Dad) average kicking , chest marking( not strong contested mark) player who is good in dominating team . You don't see him create much for others, or create for himself. End of chain finisher .

Having seen much of him Is go 3rd round at best

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top 60 updated in OP. although i do not buy into the combine testing too much some player have made some moves up and down my board!

keen to generate some discussion on 2016 draft prospects!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back