Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Mar 15, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
None
some new developments in the Aquaman filming , wasn't sure if there was a existing thread already.

It appears that the Aquaman film will have a horror theme element to it , which makes it more appealing with it being underwater and all the mysteries that entails.

Could be a whole new superhero genre much like Dr. strange will bring a mystical element to superhero films

http://www.slashfilm.com/aquaman-ja...-horror-style-to-the-deep-sea-comic-con-2016/

I'll drink to that

image.jpeg

I just hope its better than that trashy Vince Chase film that ruined the comics for me

I'll only be happy if he does this during the movie.
dc872d55a9bdb497d1e5faa8d988db5b.gif

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wan delivers big time with this, fantastic movie.

I do like the self contained approach this time, the world building has been shelved after the poor reception of Justice League. Plenty of time devoted to focus on Arthur.

Will post in further detail about it tomorrow, but some of the action set pieces were brilliantly shot. Underwater was pretty impressive at times although a lot to take in visually.

But that action scene in Sicily, that was shown in the long trailer, * that was good. Manta was much better than I thought he would be.

Wan’s filming was definitely a standout, long single take scenes, the angles used, very refreshing take on how to do one on one action. Highly recommend, second best DCEU film for me. Will see it again tomorrow night.

Its good not great. Dragged a little and the story wasnt entirely original. It leans into the sillyness a little but doesnt go too far which was good.

I liked Momoa and Amber Heard. Mera is the real hero of the movie as she is the one that really risks everything for the greater good.

The vfx was great even though you could tell some parts where done with.green screen. The large scale fights where done very well because the entire thing was CGI, but u could still see what was happening unlike some other movies such as Venom and this featured so many more creatures.

AQUAMAN

The acts were solid. Sometimes scenes were messy, but it entertained.

I did not sense any product placement.

A key theme I felt was the notion of different species trying to live together. Strict border control of Atlantis, surface people vs the ocean people. Them vs us.

One aspect of human nature was consistent with the sea people – war is endemic. The villain had a point. Humans have been polluting the sea, and the sea dwellers had enough.

The cast was good. Dolph (short for dolphin!!!), amber heard, drogo. all good. Another actor crossed over between DC and marvel in willy dafoe aka the green goblin.

Colours good, bright and good contrasts in contrast to the dark and gritty DC movies of the past.

I wore board shorts to honour the ocean.

I am eating a can of tuna in honour of King Curry

Battle scene. I wanted more, but in hindsight I think it was a mess. Underwater laser beams here and there, sea animals and mammals alike. I would’ve liked to have seen more of these, more features, more behaviours.

I did like when AQ summoned his enemies (sea creatures) to his cause.

I liked the armies, but would like to have learned more about them. Perhaps there’s a prequel

Aquaman learned to love again

Was ok nothing special one thing though didn't he know Mera in justice League which happened before this movie? And also was seen in Atlantis in Justice League but in this movie said he'd never been there. Confused.

He said he never got her name and I cant remember if the mother box was actually hidden in Atlantis in Justice League and im not willing to comfirm by watching that again lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back