Arbitrage-Middles Thread

Rocky Straight

Debutant
Jun 2, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
I’m not a large arber and am happy to make my $200 or so a week as a uni student for a bit of extra cash. Should I take it slow to avoid getting banned or take them for as much as possible while I can?

It really doesn't matter how much you bet, if all your bets are arbs/bonus related then it's not going to take long to be caught.
Arbers/bonus whores get worse treatment then someone who actually has an idea, because they offer absolutely zero.

Fairly sure bonuses are being phased out this year too due to POC tax

It really doesn't matter how much you bet, if all your bets are arbs/bonus related then it's not going to take long to be caught.
Arbers/bonus whores get worse treatment then someone who actually has an idea, because they offer absolutely zero.

I still have a regular punt though. Would betting the occasional mug $10 bet on the greyhounds or whatever decrease how long it takes to get banned

sledbomber

All Australian
Jun 18, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne

How do they know you are arbing though? Like if you bet with two different companies and bet whole numbers how can they actually tell that it is an arb bet?

Rocky Straight

Debutant
Jun 2, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
How do they know you are arbing though? Like if you bet with two different companies and bet whole numbers how can they actually tell that it is an arb bet?
if not doing odd staking then fair chance both the books don't know, but one book is going to be the wrong price compared to the market more often than not. Also your stakes on arbs/middles should be a fair bit bigger than your other bets if you do them

sk1001

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't friggin understand bookies that ban you for that.

If they aren't prepared to take the hit, don't offer the odds.

It's a joke what they can get away with these days. Banning customers, reducing odds, limiting bets to $2....

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Not my area of expertise but at a guess

- Always taking top odds
- Always betting specific markets
- Betting unusual markets such as 3rd division Belgian lacrosse
- Betting odd amounts
- Betting max amount
- Consistently betting player props
- Irregular betting patterns
- Betting consistently into promo markets

Youdy

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Knicks, Arsenal, A.C Milan
Might do that then. Bet $50 or so on a greyhound then lay off and take a small loss every so often

Opinions obviously differ, but I haven't found this to consistently increase the shelf life of accounts at all.
Just eats into profits while you are still able to bet on promos.

It isn't going to make much difference to a bookie if say 8/10 bets are on promos compared to 9/10.

What I would recommend is taking promos for everything that you can, before you turn to Arbing.

Arbing will kill an account a lot quicker than abusing $50 promotions.

Everyone obviously has a different opinion though.

Youdy

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Depends on what you're arbing on.

If you bet decent money on player props or exotic markets you will get limited eventually, unless you're a complete money sink.

Obviously the more exotic the market, the less bets and therefore the easier it is to pick up unusual betting patterns.

And as mentioned, for an Arb to exist it means one book is offering top odds, taking those odds regardless of an Arb will get you limited eventually.

Opinions obviously differ, but I haven't found this to consistently increase the shelf life of accounts at all.
Just eats into profits while you are still able to bet on promos.

It isn't going to make much difference to a bookie if say 8/10 bets are on promos compared to 9/10.

What I would recommend is taking promos for everything that you can, before you turn to Arbing.

Arbing will kill an account a lot quicker than abusing $50 promotions.

Everyone obviously has a different opinion though.
What promos do you abuse though? Are you referring to odd boosts or other things also

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What promos do you abuse though? Are you referring to odd boosts or other things also

they will do regular checks and work out for example what % of your bets are into promotional markets (money back, odds boost whatever).

if this % is high they may warn you or simply ban you from promotions (ubet and tab are particularly bad for this and ban without warning).

if you're regularly beating their benchmark prices in non-promo they'll just limit you to win some miniscule sum.

tab touch for example will let me on to win $5.50 in player prop markets.

if you want to mugbet do it on horse racing, tennis or soccer where there is much lower spreads than the dishlickers.

they will do regular checks and work out for example what % of your bets are into promotional markets (money back, odds boost whatever).

if this % is high they may warn you or simply ban you from promotions (ubet and tab are particularly bad for this and ban without warning).

if you're regularly beating their benchmark prices in non-promo they'll just limit you to win some miniscule sum.

tab touch for example will let me on to win $5.50 in player prop markets.

if you want to mugbet do it on horse racing, tennis or soccer where there is much lower spreads than the dishlickers.
I might do some mug betting on Sportsbet soon as I have won to much on that arb side in a short period

Youdy

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Odds boost is the most straightforward
The other main one people abuse are the money back 2nd/3rd promos.
Back/Lay closest matched horse at betfair = Profit over time without having to know anything about racing.

Throughout the year there are several sports promos that are easily abused, e.g. Chase the Ace.

The simple reality is that the vast majority of punters will lose money and those who do make a profit will have very small niches that they can beat the market at. Those same punters are going to be limited at corporate bookies anyway, so my view is to take the free money while you can.

Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Couple of certain money makers on NEDS tonight

1.) Bonus bet up to $20 in race 7 at Ballarat if your horse doesn't win.

Pick a horse you think won't win on neds. Make sure it has some liquidity on betfair and lay it on betfair (number 8 LennyTheShark is probably the go)

Get your bonus bet and turn it into guaranteed cash by backing another horse tomorrow or whenever, and laying it (like you should be doing with all your bonus bets)

2.) Back a winner race 8 Greyhounds Wentworth park and get a bonus bet.

Pick the favourite, lay it on betfair. At worst break even. At best, it wins, and you get a bonus bet too.

Back