Arbitrage-Middles Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Djoker

Debutant
Jul 15, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Big bash tonight
Worrall player performance under 20.5 on SB at 1.83 - Over 20.5 on Topsport at 2.50

Put what little I had on in my SB account, then reloaded another $100 and put that all on and for the first time for SB my bet was 'processed' for a bit before being accepted. Beginning of the end of my SB acc it seems...

NutnButAPnut

Senior List
May 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
yeh u know the ends coming up when books start proccessing/reffering, but atleast on SB u can see wat the max bet theyl allow u to make on certain markets is before betting so u dont get burnt by betting too much on one book and not being able to cover it on the other. ive had a couple of books reffer to trader/process bets for a while then they stop doing it and let me bet normally for a few months. still end up limited sooner or later tho.

sk1001

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
yeh u know the ends coming up when books start proccessing/reffering, but atleast on SB u can see wat the max bet theyl allow u to make on certain markets is before betting so u dont get burnt by betting too much on one book and not being able to cover it on the other. ive had a couple of books reffer to trader/process bets for a while then they stop doing it and let me bet normally for a few months. still end up limited sooner or later tho.

If this industry was properly regulated that would be a minimum requirement. Worse still is some books will take some of what you want to stake.

For example if I want to stake $500 but they are only willing to take $200, they automatically take $200. What happens if you wanted to bet only $500? Bad luck.

Rocky Straight

Debutant
Jun 2, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
If this industry was properly regulated that would be a minimum requirement. Worse still is some books will take some of what you want to stake.
if a min bet was to come in then I think you'd see all these crappy prop markets booted, core markets with min bets would be great.

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

I dunno how governments let these scum get away with the s**t they pull. No protection whatsoever for punters trying to make a living yet these scum turning over millions are allowed to shaft punters in the form of limiting leaving them exposed and worse yet cancel bets. Funny thing is that they won’t extend the same courtesy to the customer for making a mistake with selection. Talk about a one way street.

sk1001

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
if a min bet was to come in then I think you'd see all these crappy prop markets booted, core markets with min bets would be great.

Not even asking for a minimum that they must taken on, just an indication of it! The only bookies I know that do this are bet365 and sportsbet (although sportsbet only let me on for $4.32 or some minuscule amount, at least they tell me).

The other thing I was talking about was at least giving you the option to confirm your bet if the whole stake isn't taken. Betstar is one that don't do this, they will partially take bets without a chance to opt out.

Rocky Straight

Debutant
Jun 2, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Not even asking for a minimum that they must taken on, just an indication of it! The only bookies I know that do this are bet365 and sportsbet (although sportsbet only let me on for $4.32 or some minuscule amount, at least they tell me).

The other thing I was talking about was at least giving you the option to confirm your bet if the whole stake isn't taken. Betstar is one that don't do this, they will partially take bets without a chance to opt out.
Sorry not sure why I interpreted it that way.

All for books showing what size bet you can get on, would save a lot of time waiting for them to accept or decline.

Books should also adopt TABs setting where you can decide if you want a bet accepted automatically at a lower stake.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sabbathen

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s up and down depending on which books you look at. Today was ordinary but the last 2 weeks have been very, very good for me personally and that’s without Sportsbet and Crownbet which are the 2 biggest cash cows.

It’s up and down depending on which books you look at. Today was ordinary but the last 2 weeks have been very, very good for me personally and that’s without Sportsbet and Crownbet which are the 2 biggest cash cows.
I think I’m looking in the wrong places then as the crown and Sportsbet arbs seem less frequent

NutnButAPnut

Senior List
May 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
If u havent been limited to bugger all on novelties.

Hottest 100 - young dumb and broke to make top 5 at $3 on bet365 & to not make top 5 at $2.40 on sportsbet under the BYO<$4 tab
*to make top 5 at 2.50 on Willhill, and $2 on crown

Young dumb and broke to make top 10 at 1.50 on bet365 (crazy value itself, 1.04 on sb and 1.20 just about everywhere else) & to not make top 10 on sb byo at $7

Last edited:

Hottest 100 - young dumb and broke to make top 5 at $3 on bet365 & to not make top 5 at $2.40 on sportsbet under the BYO<$4 tab
*to make top 5 at 2.50 on Willhill, and $2 on crown

Young dumb and broke to make top 10 at 1.50 on bet365 (crazy value itself, 1.04 on sb and 1.20 just about everywhere else) & to not make top 10 on sb byo at $7

Have they taken down the BYO market on SportsBet? Can't find it.

ippxss

Senior List
Dec 20, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon

Sportsbet let me on for a max of $1.45. We're eating lobster tonight boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back