List Mgmt. Archer, Brady & The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
C'mon big_e, really,
That Collingwood bloke we got for pick 107...ummmm.......Murray !
The other bloke who had the thing with the, what was it called.....the draft....that's it.
There's two.
The blonde guy, kicked a goal once.
Three
The guy married to whats-her-name.
Four.
Ummmmmmm......
Chris Tarrant.
What? He retired 8 years ago? Robbie?
Ummmmm.....

Looking forward to hearing the result.
Well I eventually got through after around 30 minutes. Turns out that the option I chose to be put through to reception is not an option. Everybody gets put through to a group of poor souls in the membership department. Anyway, I got a really lovely woman who was well aware of everything going on in the media, murmurings, rumours etc. Clearly a North Melbournes person who with her colleagues have been in the firing line taking the heat on behalf of the club. She didn't give me much, though it was obvious there were things she was very much aware of. She did say that Caroline Wilson's loathing for our club might have been because we once employed her and subsequently fired her (I told her I highly doubted that. She's always been Richmond through and through plus I've never heard that).

Anyway she was very generous with her time and in the end we probably spoke for about 10 minutes. What she DID say to me was that the club would be releasing some kind of statement (about what I really don't know) to address all the negative media either later this week (time is running out there) or early next week.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I eventually got through after around 30 minutes. Turns out that the option I chose to be put through to reception is not an option. Everybody gets put through to a group of poor souls in the membership department. Anyway, I got a really lovely woman who was well aware of everything going on in the media, murmurings, rumours etc. Clearly a North Melbournes person who with her colleagues have been in the firing line taking the heat on behalf of the club. She didn't give me much, though it was obvious there were things she was very much aware of. She did say that Caroline Wilson's loathing for our club might have been because we once employed her and subsequently fired her (I told her I highly doubted that. She's always been Richmond through and through plus I've never heard that).

Anyway she was very generous with her time and in the end we probably spoke for about 10 minutes. What she DID say to me was that the club would be releasing some kind of statement (about what I really don't know) to address all the negative media either later this week (time is running out there) or early next week.

One for the team Jase. Well done mate 👍

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

That's nice of them to route all the heat to membership and retail outlet staff.

Maybe Chris from the North Shop and Bridie from NMFC Membership can attend trade week for us.

One for the team Jase. Well done mate 👍

It might have been Bridie from QLD who I spoke to then.

During the call I was also offered 2 years on 120k but Rama advised me to take nothing less than 3 years at 250k. I did tell Rama I should probably accept the deal as I didn't exactly meet North's current youth policy, however he's telling me to dig my heels in.

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It might have been Bridie from QLD who I spoke to then.

During the call I was also offered 2 years on 120k but Rama advised me to take nothing less than 3 years at 250k. I did tell Rama I should probably accept the deal as I didn't exactly meet North's current youth policy, however he's telling me to dig my heels in.
Take another for the team Jase, tell Rama to get you a 500k a year contract at GWS, you have more experience to offer their list than Kelly

Cheers.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City

Awesome work. Well done mate.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams

But i also think maybe the club will come out with a statement to state, theyll come out with another statement in due course....

Good man for recognising we're on the same team as those at the coalface. Poor woman has probably had a hell of a week, good on her for taking the time to chat with you and thanks for sharing.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
And when within 24 minutes (not hours) of the club making a statement the negative news cycle starts up again, whatever will the club do?

Probably not much... still dumbfounded that its been this long without one murmur of a response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
It's almost as if we havent won a flag in 20 years and sell 4 games a year interstate. What positives should the media put out? Largely irrelevant on and off field. We need wins, I hope that Bradys list changes will fast track some sustained success but until that happens we will cop it from all corners because we have been ordinary.
You are right and in that context Buckley’s letter stressing financial viability is a thinly disguised defence.

Uneik

Senior List
Jul 17, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would like to see Denis Pagan back on the board...or as Shaw’s mentor. Denis is a North man with values, not an agnostic (expensive) gun for hire like Paul Roos.
I feel extreme mental communication notes from Denis critical as at today (Friday) in any ways

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm going to address the elephant in the room.
So does that mean we made the wrong move on Scott's? Ultimately leading to a pay out for quite a few number of staff members 🤔

Last edited:

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When did sacking Scott become an elephant in the room?
It seems like we have had so many busts in an attempt to avoid the notoriously flagged 'rebuild' but it looks like we're going down that path anyway. With a year on his contract, and now taking rhyce and rawlings out of theirs. We've had quite a few failed attempts in the past 12 months.

Uneik

Senior List
Jul 17, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I feel extreme mental communication notes from Denis critical as at today (Friday) in any ways
Denis as a significant mentor would be a very valuable person.
Denis as a significant mentor would be a very valuable person.

I'm going to address the elephant in the room.
So does that mean we made the wrong move on Scott's? Ultimately leading to a pay out for quite a few number of staff members

Only mistake we made is not sacking him 3 years earlier

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You are right and in that context Buckley’s letter stressing financial viability is a thinly disguised defence.
I think as more information comes out as to what has happened in 2020 there will be less attacks on journalists who have been harsh in their criticism and more anger directed at the club.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back